Monday, 27 April 2015

Barbara's Plea by Stacy Eaton

Barbara's PleaBarbara's Plea by Stacy Eaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was honored to read this one from Net Galley from Nitewolf Novels
Recently I entered a contest and won 2 more of this authors books.

After reading this one BARBARA'S PLEA I am REALLY looking forward to reading the other two I chose.


The opening of this book was where I met a man named Grey. In the opening chapters he was in full time employment, within minutes he was laid off and no hope of work. He has just about been paying his rent but his bills are piling up.

Sitting on a park bench thinking of his life, the other side is an older women. They get chatting.


I'm not going to spoil it and say exactly what happens but he ends up doing a project for her.



The flip said of this book, we go to chapters and met Barbara. Barbara has a young child, she is married to a husband who beat and abuses her. She is making plans to leave. BUT her husband will hunt her down, so what can she do?

I wondered how the two parallels would come together.

They came together very neatly, I thought Stacy Eaton the author knitted this together very well indeed.


There were some OH NO moments with the abuse, and I read it between my fingers, and then there were some proud moments when she managed to escape.

Then some AHHH moments towards the end.


Its a great read and I would highly recommend it.

Barbara lives in constant fear of her husband. She finally summons the courage to leave with their young daughter, Allie, but dreads the moment her husband learns of their escape. In his desire to control them and bend them to his will, he will leave no stone unturned to punish them--especially Barbara.

Grey’s future seems bleak, especially the day he is fired, but everything begins to turn around the moment he absently sinks down on a bench occupied by wealthy Gloria Withers. Gloria sees something in him that no one else bothers to notice and, within moments, a friendship is sparked that will withstand many trials.

When Barbara makes good her escape and arrives on the doorstep of her grandmother, Gloria, whom she hasn't seen for years, Barbara is greeted instead by Grey. It doesn't take long for a different kind of spark to fly as Barbara takes up residence in the Withers mansion.

When Grey falls inexorably in love with not only Barbara, but also her daughter Allie, he vows to do everything he can to protect them from her husband who is out for revenge.
 








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment