Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 9 March 2015

What Burns Away by Melissa Falcon Field

What Burns AwayWhat Burns Away by Melissa Falcon Field
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



First of all let me thank SOURCEBOOKS Landmark via Net Galley.

I feel a bit like the odd one out. I did like the concept of the books storyline. But it was a case of 'The grass is greener on the other side' for me.

Yes her husband worked all hours [for his family] yes his attention was lacking, but isn't that life?

An old "flame" contacting her on Facebook, this is where it all starts and the decisions that she has to make for herself, we all know, whatever we decide in our walk of life there is ALWAYS a consequence we need to pick up or face, this was no different for her.


I read it, it was an easy read, didn't take any thinking about or grey matter, but for me personally it was just an OK book.


The author did brilliantly with the story I thought, complex and some thoughtful moments. Made me reflect.


I do think its where the reader is in their own life as to what you get from this book. If I was a young newly wed or married for 10 years or so, I can see how disgruntled I would get, but when you are my age and see a lot of things, experience a lot of things [within marriage] you stick with it, unlike some today who take the easy way out I guess.

I didn't see anything wrong with her husband, he seemed to be providing for her well and his family, it was her that was disgruntled and miserable, depressed. I took a while to get into the book as she made me all depressed!

I don't normally evoke a response like this for my reviews and it doesn't reflect on the authors ability or agility to write, just that the concept of her being so dam miserable and wanting something else exciting, I thought her quite selfish.

Anyway, that's me done. :)





One woman's life is about to explode into flames-but she's the one lighting the match

Upon relocating to snowy Madison with a distant physician husband, New England native Claire Spruce is besieged by a dark past when her first love finds her again. Breaking decades of silence, old flame Dean offers an intoxicating, reckless escape from motherhood's monotony. Enchanted by his return, while yearning for her own mislaid identity, she agrees to repay a favor that could incinerate her marriage and her child's well-being. What Burns Away is a story of loyalty, family and the realization that the past is nearly always waiting for us in the future








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment