Wednesday, 25 March 2015

The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell

The Grave TenderThe Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Grave Digger by Eliza Maxwell



I don't see any other books by this author so I assuming that this is her first book. If it is, WOW I mean WOW. This author has natural talent for weaving a story that kept me turning page after page.

By the time I had got 23% into it, I was texting my book buddy Philomena Callan, I knew she had this book on her list to read soon, so I was urging her to hurry up and read it!


Family secrets, family lies, people who are shielding others from the past, from the truth thinking they are doing the right thing, BUT, lies have a way of coming out into the open sooner or later. This is was exactly happened and as it unraveled, it threw me, it really threw me. The plot was very good, and very well hidden from me, I kinda got a thing or two when it came to someone in the book but the rest.....no way.!!

I read this book at every chance I could get in my day, any time I had a spare minute, out came my kindle.

I would have thought this author had been writing for years the way its so professionally written. I read a lot, as most reviewers/book addicts do, so we soon have an eye for a good book, a well talent and sometimes a rare talent. I put this author in each section, I hope she writes more soon as I am going to stalk her [in a nice way]


I want to thank the blog tour concerned for allowing me to read and review this. LOVED IT



At ten years old, Hadley Dixon's life changed forever. Since those few tragic weeks, she's tried to keep the past buried, but old bones have a way of rising up.

Hadley can't hide any longer.

Haunted by a boy who never made it home, a woman who sings in moonlight and dances in flames, and the strange, scarred recluse who watches it all from the shadow of the pines, the time has come for Hadley to answer for her sins.

They say the truth will set you free, but sometimes it extracts a terrible price along the way. Is it a price Hadley's willing to pay?

The Grave Tender is the story of a family where no one is what they seem, the women at the heart of that family, and the extraordinary lengths they're willing to go to protect the ones they love






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment