Saturday, 7 March 2015

SOOT ANGEL by M.A. Petterson

SOOT ANGEL (featuring Dr. Anja Toussaint)SOOT ANGEL by M.A. Petterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I went straight into book two, and this one picks up where book 1 left off.

After finding book 1 a bit hasty in its short 77 pages I was anxious to read this one as its a longer book. I wanted to see what potential this author had in drawing me in again like the last one and if he could hold my attention.


He did!

Although there is more background to fires, the chemistry and science of it all and more background to fire fighters too, I most be honest, I did find it fascinating. My son who is 29 years old always said he wanted to be a fire fighter when he grew up, but he shelves that idea as he got older. But its something that I for one loved to read about because its not an easy job. Putting yourself on the line to save others. Also the team work involved has got to be united 100%.

After saying that though, I did get a bit bored in places when it dragged out more than I though it should.

We flipped from Dr Anja Toussaint investigating to the background.

We have an intense tale of small fires being lit, she has to investigate this and get it 'sorted' before it gets bigger and encompasses an even bigger area.

She is investigating a warehouse fire when a child was killed, this takes priority over anything for Anja. SOOT ANGEL is in reference to the child that got killed.

MY THOUGHTS


After reading book 1, this book 2 brought a smile to my face as it held all that was needed to widen out on this story in more pages than his previous one.

This also taught me quite a few things in the fire department area. A little too much sometimes I thought, but when I closed this book, I then reconsidered, because if this author is going to write any more of this series we DO need the nitty gritty of it all and how it works so we can understand the workings of it all.

This series is making a refreshing change from 'murders, bodies, killers and serial killers etc' based around the "fires" is quite interesting in itself and then the investigations behind the scenes of why it started, who started it, how was it started, where was it started, all kept my attention.


I really liked this.

My thanks to M A Petterson for my copy



A beautiful forensic engineer hiding a tragic past seeks the killer of a homeless child and uncovers a deadly plot to destroy a foreign government. 






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment