Friday, 13 March 2015

Second Life by S.J. Watson

Second LifeSecond Life by S.J. Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have read some others reviews after I had read this book for myself. I have nothing to compare it to as this is the first book I have read by S J Watson although I already have a couple of her others. I just haven't got around to reading them yet and saw this on Net Galley which I requested and thanks to Random House UK, Transworld Publishers who gave me auto approval I was able to get it for reading and reviewing.


Its very difficult to write a review without giving too much away, so I will try.

Here we met Julia. She has an adopted child named Connor who is her sisters child. Her sister wanted him back years later. Now she finds that her sister is dead. She's be murdered.

Julia is a middle class Mom, married to her husband who she loves.

But Julia just cannot put to rest what happened to her sister. So she starts to uncover her sisters life. She's in for some surprises and not only that, she ends up getting involved with a complete stranger starting an affair that goes terribly wrong.


I have to say, I was thrown off course several times by the author during the time I was trying to 'solve' it all, so that means she has done a superb job. The ending is unpredictable, or at least, it was for me.


The quality of the writing is superb, which means I really cannot wait to read more books by this author and I will certainly be bumping up the ones I already have.


My rating is a positive 4 stars



The sensational new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of Before I Go To Sleep . . .


She loves her husband. She's obsessed by a stranger.


She's a devoted mother. She's prepared to lose everything.


She knows what she's doing. She's out of control.


She's innocent. She's guilty as sin.


She's living two lives. She might lose both . . .




.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment