Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 9 March 2015

Normal by Graeme Cameron SOON to be RELEASED

NormalNormal by Graeme Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


SOON TO BE RELEASED


This book by Graeme Cameron is named NORMAL.

This may be named NORMAL but its anything like NORMAL and its certainly ME that isn't NORMAL!!! Because I got to like a serial killer, OMG how did that happen!!! I was left feeling like I was really not NORMAL and felt unbalanced reading this!

Its an outstanding debut novel. You turn the pages knowing that he's going to kill someone again when they least expect it, it can be graphic and terrible imagined in your minds eye and you end up reading it behind your hand those passages! BUT, you carry on, its like some hypnosis that I turned the pages of this fantastic read that made me feel I was reading some horrific crime in the newspaper. If it were in the newspaper I would have possibly leaped over the gruesome bits, but this author has a way of writing that it just literally 'creeps' up on you like HE crept up on them!


I read this in one sitting as it was compulsive reading non the less.


The only bit I have that didn't seem to tally in my brain was with the Police investigations, all that coverage and CCTV around. Who was he and why didn't they see it was him.


The 'falling in love with the check out girl' was really portrayed very well. But the entire story for that lacked 'something' but I just don't know what. But still a clever ploy.


His captures of the 2 women, one of them Erica was fascinating, and Erica was a fiesty woman.


I did love the way the author allowed us to travel around the home of the perpetrator, the hidden things behind the walls the cage way down in the grounds of the house. This is where he first held Erica.

Its worth a read, I know some like it, some don't like it, but its one of those stories that I would say is like Marmite, you love it or you hate it, or you love to hate it.


I would like to thank Harlequin via Net Galley for my copy to read and review



This is a love story. No, really.

He lives in your community, in a nice house with a well-tended garden. He shops in your grocery store, bumping shoulders with you as you pass him and apologizing with a smile. He drives beside you on the highway, politely waving to let you into the lane ahead of him. 

What you don't know is that he has an elaborate cage built into a secret basement under his garage. And the food that he's carefully shopping for is to feed a young woman he's holding there against her will--one in a string of many, unaware of the fate that awaits her.

This is how it's been for a long time. It's normal...and it works. Perfectly.

Then he meets the checkout girl from the 24-hour grocery. And now the plan, the hunts, the room...the others. He doesn't need any of them anymore. He needs only her. One small problem--he still has someone trapped in his garage.

Discovering his humanity couldn't have come at a worse time.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment