Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 20 March 2015

If I Could... by Rene D. Schultz

If I Could...If I Could... by Rene D. Schultz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I had the great pleasure to be involved along with my book buddy Philomena Callan to read this as a beta. To have some input was fantastic in this story and I can't thank the author enough because she trusts us as we do her.

It must have been about 2 years ago Rene Schultz happened into one of our groups on FaceBook. She was very shy, bit lost, we didn't know if she was an author or someone who just wanted to see what books were out there to read, so one day, I messaged her, only to find out she has some books on her PC that were written, never published. After plenty of nagging [which we are good at lol] she said she would send us her book [that she didn't know if it was up to anything] to us to read.

Philomena and I started it together, I remember us texting, or ringing each other, we were so gobsmacked that this author had been hiding her light under a bushel, hence was the birth of BISHOP STREET to the reading world!

"if I could" is Rene Schultz 6th novel. I never thought she could better her first book, Bishop Street or her 2nd, 3rd or 4th, or 5th but her new one is another masterpiece. I kid you not, when I read this with Philomena, my reading partner, we waited until the end, then we talked. We were once again blown away by Rene's natural flair for bringing life into a story, she breathes the characters into your very soul."

A bit about the story

Daniela came to this country with her mother Ema whilst still in the womb. Daniela knows nothing about Romania apart from what she has been told. Daniela and her Mother Ema were very close, very close, so when her Mother died she was devastated.

Among her Mothers belongings is a box, its a box of all sorts of things which leads Daniela onto a world of discovery.
 photo 11074685_10205038675479624_1757609744_n.jpg
There is a lady at the graveside named ESTELLE a wise old lady, she visits there everyday.
She's a very wise lady and brings comfort to Dani [Daniela]

ESTELLE brought me to tears at times, I could just picture the scene in my minds eye.

Rene Schultz puts so much of herself into these books she writes that you can FEEL it between the pages reaching out at you, it snatches at your heart strings.

There is a love interest among the pages that doesn't come out until later with Dr Cal, but picture this, she runs out to him in the rain [remember I said that, because I need you to look for that in the book when you read it and I promise you, your eyes will fill up and you will get a lump in your throat]

As you can tell, I am a big fan of this author. Phil and myself were with her at the start, and she will never shake us off!!!

Rene Schultz brings out something in me, not just my emotions, but also a warmth for all her characters she creates, they could be YOU or ME or your friend down the road. Its like they start off as a cardboard cut out and she breathes life into them, truly, honestly. As they grow and develop and gets individual personalities of their own you can't but help love them and for the time it takes you to read the book, they are part of your family.

Thank you Rene Schultz for trusting me to read another of your books knowing I will be honest no matter what, as that is what I do, I've not yet read a book that I could give the thumbs down to LOL, I loved it, I do believe this is ONE of the best books you have written to date

 photo 11072094_10205038675519625_1958766755_n.jpg





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment