Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Fire Sign by M.A. Petterson

Fire SignFire Sign by M.A. Petterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



When this author M A Petterson dropped me an email asking if I would consider reading his series and saying he thought I would enjoy them as its my kind of read. I wasn't sure, I knew this looked like the author had put a lot into getting his book presentable, I can see this by the cover of this book and his other one. Just never sure of what's inside are you when its a new author to you :) but this is what I do, its what I love to do, I love to help Indie/self published authors get reviews for their books. Honest reviews. That is what I do. Not cruel ones, just 'honest' in how it was for ME. Each reader is different.


That's the background to how I came about this series, this is book 1.

We neet Dr. Anja Toussaint A beautiful forensic engineer hiding a tragic past
We also meet Detective Gil Dolan.


Dr. Anja Toussaint in my humble opinion is good at her job, very good at her job, but she has something from her past that although helped with this arson, it also hindered in some ways. We get to find out what that is later.


Detective Gil Dolan, he's a stubborn man, came over a bit anti women to me at the first, but then, we find out his past isn't none to clear of damage and hidden secrets either. Together, they make a good pair!


These two are teamed up to investigate who are burning down the churches.

There is a hidden reason for this that was surprising towards the end.

I learnt a bit more than I knew about fighting fires! Some of the science in it and how they trace a fire to its original source. Interesting.

For a lay person like me, I thought, hose in hand, spray it on the fire/blaze, hey presto. I knew about fires needing air to breathe, that's about the only thing, but there is sure more to learn.

The sudden leap towards the answer to why the arsonist was attacking churches seemed to be too fast, it was there lurking in the background of Anja, because of her pass I guess, but to suddenly be "aha that's it" just seemed to hurried.

Its a shortish story, took me 2 hours to read it, but its full and compact.


My only negative thing to say is, I thought it was like a quick detective story that was hastily solved. And after reading book 2, I would have put them both together in one book.

Maybe the author may consider doing that at a later date.


All is all though, I did enjoy the short read, and it made a change for me

*My thanks goes to this author for contacting me to review it*



A beautiful forensic engineer hiding a tragic past reluctantly teams up with a troubled cop to stop a serial arsonist targeting churches. 

Dr. Anja Toussaint believes that her own dreadful youth foretells who the arsonist is and the shocking motive behind the fires. But Detective Gil Dolan stubbornly sets his sights on a white supremacist previously convicted of arson and just released from prison. 

Unfortunately, when Anja blocks his efforts the arrogant cop sets his own plan into motion that leads them both into a fiery trap. 

* Please note: Fire Sign is a novella and about one quarter the length of regular novel. 







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment