Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 15 February 2015

The Gathering Storm by Barbara Warren

The Gathering StormThe Gathering Storm by Barbara Warren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I was gifted this book by the author herself in return for my honest review.


Barbara Warren writes well and makes this storyline as interesting as it can be, I personally didn't find this a page turning read, but I DID find it a pleasant read. It was like a 'who dunnit' kind of book for me.

Hard going at the start, but I did persevere and I am glad I did, it picked up in the second half of the book.


Stephanie was quite persuaded very cleverly by her Father to return to the family home. [Extranged Father] so that was the tiny bit I couldn't get my head around as it seemed to me she gave in too easily, but, I overcame that with reasoning "we sometimes choose to do things out of character" type of syndrome.


Later we find that Stephanie doesn't trust him and never had trust him, so I am again left thinking, why did she leave her comfortable home then?

Harrington Lodge where she returns to hold secrets, and we begin to see what they are and unravel them as we hold close to the book.


I can't say its the best thriller or who dunnit I have read, but its an OK read. Just a few things maybe need ironing out or further explaining.

I see some other reviews have been similar to mine. So helps me to feel less comfortable writing this. I never find it easy to give negatives, I try to find positives in everything I do.

My Positive is:

The author has a great book on her hands and it has a great future with some revision.


Thank you Barbara Warren for allowing me to read and review this book you sent me.


Stephanie's father, Marty, arrives at her home to persuade her to go back with him to Harrington Lodge in the beautiful Ozarks. Not realizing what Marty really wants, Stephanie is tricked into leaving her comfortable and peaceful home to follow after her extranged father. But, Marty is known for taking care of himself, and is someone whom Stephanie doesn't quite trust. Everyone has secrets, however Harrington Lodge holds past secrets that someone is determined to keep. A murder at the lodge, in the beautiful Ozarks, begins to get too close for comfort, and the situation begins to get complicated when an unknown family member appears at the lodge. Stephanie, pulled into this mystery by her father, now must find a killer to prove her innocence, and before she becomes the next victim




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment