Friday, 6 February 2015

The Curvy Girls Club by Michele Gorman

The Curvy Girls ClubThe Curvy Girls Club by Michele Gorman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was contacted for an exclusive by HarperCollins UK, Avon to see if I would read and review this book.

It looked like fun and I was hoping I was right!


This book made a refreshing change from the books I have been reading lately, this was light, airy and oh so close to home. If anyone knows me, I have been loosing weight steadily for over 2 years with more to come off, so this book was apt. It was so true to us women trying to loose weight, whether its a few pounds or a lot more.


These girls made me laugh, they made me cry so regardless of what I was reading, it was tears of laughter or tears of sadness.

Michele Gorman really knew what she was talking about, into the mind of the dieter! The food binger, the food 'aholic. Its not just about the food, its about the taste!


Love love love the cover.

Who ate all the cake!

Brilliant light read and highly recommended.

Thank you to HarperCollins UK, Avon for allowing me to read this, you chose a really good one for me :)



A hilarious heart-warming read about normal women with normal problems.
Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Bridesmaids.

Pixie, Ellie, Katie and Jane have been best friends since meeting at Slimming Zone. Tired of being judged on the number of calories they consume, they decide to form a different kind of club. The fun evenings they spend together, not worrying about their size, make them happier than they’ve been for years!

But the club doesn’t stop real life from getting in the way and together the girls have to address some much bigger issues than just their weight…

Will Pixie ever be brave enough to leave her abusive husband Trevor? Can Jane ever regain her confidence and go back to work as a TV presenter? Will Katie always carry a torch for the office lothario? And what if Ellie lets her all-consuming jealousy destroy her relationship with ‘The One’?
 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment