Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

The Girl on the TrainThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First let me say, there has been so much hype about this book I put off reading it for a few weeks. I suppose I was reluctant to read it seeing as a book buddy of mine said she was struggling with it. I know we have similar tastes in books usually.

When something is hyped up so much you tend to have your expectations so high that it fails to be met by the time you get around to reading it [or if its a film....watching it]

This is primarily a story of three individual women.

Rachel takes the front row I think, she is the Girl on the Train. She is used to travelling back and forth on the train to work. The passes the home where she used to live with her ex. Now her ex is with someone else.


Once I got used to each chapter being written under the guise of each person, made a note of the date of the heading of each chapter in my head it all sort of came into play really. First it was really like travelling on a train.....slowly at the start, then you get right into the experience and you don't want to get off! This is how I felt about reading this.

What I loved about this story was, it was different. Paula Hawkins and a well thought out story here that keeps you travelling onwards. I really couldn't get off the wreckage of this storyline, the twist at the end was good, really good.

Because of reading so many books each year, once in a while you get a book that really stands out from all the others, and this is the one. What a wonderful start to my reading experiences for the New Year of 2015.

By the way, the concept to it being compared to Gone Girl, don't you believe it, its nothing like it! This is brilliant in its own right.


I would like to thank Random House UK, Transworld Publishers Via Net Galley for the opportunity to read such an excellent book


Rachel catches the same commuter train every morning. She knows it will wait at the same signal each time, overlooking a row of back gardens. She’s even started to feel like she knows the people who live in one of the houses. ‘Jess and Jason’, she calls them. Their life – as she sees it – is perfect. If only Rachel could be that happy.

And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough.

Now everything’s changed. Now Rachel has a chance to become a part of the lives she’s only watched from afar.

Now they’ll see; she’s much more than just the girl on the train…





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment