Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 3 January 2015

The Christmas Killer by Jim Gallows

The Christmas KillerThe Christmas Killer by Jim Gallows
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is a killer on the loose. Its all gotta be wrapped up [excuse the pun] before the New Year to catch the killer, hence, The Christmas Killer.

I have a vivid imagination and I really shouldn't read these kind of books in the dark evenings/nights, eyes popping out of their heads is not the last thought before you go to sleep that you should have!

I did enjoy this book, more than I thought I would actually, but although it kept my attention, its not the best book I have read in this genre. Buts its OK.

Its slow to start, then winds up a bit, then slower again until the climax. But its predictable. Nothing that I haven't really read about before, but there is that certain something that just keeps you turning the pages, so, because of that I have give it 4 stars. I didn't put it down, I had to read until the end, so that must be something right?

First book I have read by Jim Gallows, I would certainly give another book of his a try.

For a debut novel, its good


As Christmas approaches a terrifying killer must be stopped...

As the snow falls the mutilated body of a young woman is discovered on a construction site. With it, good will becomes the last thing on Detective Jake Austin's mind...

Then, when the demolition of the old Chase Asylum reveals further human remains it becomes clear that there's a link between the two deaths. And to the asylum's old warden who disappeared decades earlier.

On the hunt for a clever, twisted killer, for Austin and his partner, it's going to be anything but a peaceful Christmas time...

Jim Gallows lives in Chicago. The Christmas Killer is his first novel.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment