Monday, 12 January 2015

Sweetened With a Kiss by Lexxi Callahan

Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)Sweetened With a Kiss by Lexxi Callahan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say thank you to the author Lexxi Callahan for contacting me and asking if I would like to consider reading and reviewing her series.

I readily agreed, I'm a sucker for a good romantic story as long as it has what I term Umph in it!

1. Sexy
2. Not run of the mill Mills and Boon type
3. Angst
4. Twists


This had all of that.

Here is a young girl who has a crush on a guy [Stefan] for life long..........then as she gets older she gets her chance......ring on finger......"she is mine"

But something goes wrong.


I can't wait to stick my nose into book 2



Jen Taylor has loved Stefan Sellers all her life. When he surprised her with an engagement ring, she thought all her dreams were coming true. But when she discovers Stefan has an agenda that she never even suspected, she breaks off the engagement and goes to pastry school in Paris. Now she's back in New Orleans, and she has no intention of marrying him for all the wrong reasons. She just has to convince him that marriage is a bad idea. If only she wasn't having so much trouble convincing herself.

Stefan Sellers has waited years to make Jen his wife so when she wanted to go to pastry school, he decided a few more months wouldn't matter. But six months later, the girl he picks up from the airport shows very little resemblance to the quiet, sweet girl he let fly away from him. The girl that came back from Paris is wearing five inch stilettos and waving an attitude that is laying waste to everything Stefan ever thought he knew about Jen. His calm, methodical approach to life is suddenly under siege and he can't seem to keep his hands off her.

Sweetened with a Kiss is a slightly steamy somewhat angsty contemporary romance set in New Orleans. There are no vampires but there are a lot of secrets and pastry. Intended for mature audiences. (There's some language. What can I say? They're guys.)

Chapter 1 is available to read now on Goodreads and there is a discount code at the end of the chapter.
 






View all my reviews Solving for Nic (Southern Style, #2)Solving for Nic by Lexxi Callahan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading book 1 in this series, I was really looking forward to book 2. I can't say this book was as good as the first one, it was like the author put a lot of work into the first one to get it right, but this one seemed to be all over the place. I tried to keep up, I really did, but its a busy book 2!

Here we have Nic. He's a 'love 'em and leave 'em' type guy. Seeing that Lizzie was way too young and inexperienced in book 1 to start a relationship, we learnt he held back, mind you, Lizzie's father was enough to put him off offering him castration!!!

But now Lizzie is older, she can make her mind up, Nic wants Lizzie and what Nic wants, Nic always gets.

There are times of misunderstandings, there is HOT HOT steamy scenes [watch out for your glasses steaming up]
there is angst.

I gave it a 3 star, which is still good, its just a little too busy for me to keep up.

The annoying bits was when repetativeness came into play, the gushing on HOW WONDERFUL this person was, or AMAZING or HOT. It just bored me a little.

Rounded it off though, it was a good read. But I did prefer book 1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment