Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Set Me Free by Melissa Pearl

Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)Set Me Free by Melissa Pearl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As you read the comments below by Philomena [one of my book buddies]she is right, I was gushing about book one. I told her on the phone how much I LOVED it. I couldn't wait for book 2, so I purchased it.

We pick up where Zach and Lucy are in this superbly written novel. I started it at 9am when family life settled down in our home and read right through until I finished it a little after 1am. I really needed to stay with this story because I knew I wouldn't sleep. I love reading, and books open up a 'movie' in my head and who wants to leave in the middle of a movie!!! I know I don't.

Melissa Pearl is a new author to me. I have found another author that suits my style of reading. This is why I LOVE my hobby of reading and reviewing for authors because of the authors I chat to online and 'meet' and obviously the great books I read.


Reading so many books makes my markings just that more harder, a book really has to stand out from the crowd to give it a 5 star rating. This did, but with some reservations as a book 2.


I was discussing with my book buddy on the phone how the author kept going over book 1 and what happened in it, it was so annoying me. But she gave another slant on it that I hadn't thought of.....if I had to wait a few months for book 2, wouldn't I need my mind refreshing? I sat and thought that over, and yes, she could be right, however, I do feel it was gone over a little too much within the book itself, maybe a recap at the front? Then pick up and move on? That obviously is MY OWN OPINION and not the deciding factor of course, that's what makes reviewers/readers unique, in that we all see things from different angles. That then makes a bigger picture in a deciding factor to purchase or not to purchase.

I would most definitely say...purchase. Read book one first though because jumping into book 2 is not the way to go, it really needs to be read in order.


I REALLY loved the story and the people in it, they were all realistic, the story was real. It played out as my own personal movie. Forgot the popcorn though!!!

Oh I need to say, I didn't find the cover appealing.


Lucy Tate has spent the last 5 years on the run. That is, until she met Zach, the one guy she couldn’t bear to leave even though it could cost both of them their lives.

Hunted by a crooked FBI agent who killed her parents, Lucy has taken on one disguise after the next. But Zach knows exactly who she is and in spite of mounting evidence indicating her guilt in her parents’ death, he knows she’s innocent.

Convinced that it’s time to put her years on the run behind her, Zach and Lucy vow to fight back, clear her name, and take down the real killer.

With support from Zach’s loyal friends and his uncle, an investigative reporter, they set out on a dangerous mission hoping that the truth...will set them free.
 






View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the 2nd book too :) I have two more planned for the series - Elliot's and then Jaeda's story. I'm looking forward to writing those later this year :)

    ReplyDelete