Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 15 January 2015

Previously Loved Treasures by Bette Lee Crosby

Previously Loved Treasures (Serendipity #2)Previously Loved Treasures by Bette Lee Crosby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 2 in this series. I had been anxiously awaiting this one and was so excited when I got my copy in advance to read before it even left to be printed. I just love, adore, and am so eager for each book this author writes. I have a thirst in me for her books that will never be quenched.

This book starts where the last one left off. Ida is now all alone in her house.Jim her husband is now dead. She is now rattling around in this huge house, and she is in need of some income. So she decided to open it as a boarding house. This is where the excitement begins.

It was fantastic getting to know her boarders individually, and we see them develop along the way with their own
idiocracies.

Whilst doing up the rooms for the boarders she decorates and builds the rooms up with Previously loved treasures. They are more than 'second hand goods' they each have a story.

James is Ida's son, we know how he this story went and why James was no longer part of his parents life. But that was when the father was still alive, now its different, so Ida wants to go look for him.

This is a really touching part in this read, I found a tear escaping now and again down my cheek.


Peter Pennington is the owner of Previously Loved Treasures. As soon as anyone steps inside, he knows exactly what they are looking for as if by magic.

I cannot go on and on telling more and more of the story, as its so indepth and besides, I would spoil it for you. So I am going to leave it at that.

Its simply one of the best of this authors work. But then, I always say that with each book she writes!!


I would like to thank Bette Lee Crosby for providing me with a copy of this book way before it was released. That is why I am late in writing this review, I have been waiting for it to be released and missed the release date.

Did you purchase it? Well, go ahead, you won't be disappointed, read book one first.


In Previously Loved Treasures recently widowed Ida Sweetwater and her granddaughter come together in a heartwarming mystery rich with imagination and magic. 

Struggling to make ends meet, Ida turns her home into a boarding house and goes in search of used furniture. This quest leads to the Previously Loved Treasures shop and Peter Pennington, a delightfully strange proprietor who anticipates people’s needs. In addition to bargains, Peter hands out sage advice. When a pocket watch belonging to one of the residents goes missing for a second time he warns of danger—but will Ida’s granddaughter listen and will she heed his advice?

This is a story that resonates with Crosby’s heartwarming albeit quirky characters and the joy of a pay-it-forward philosophy






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment