Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Pillbillies by K.L. Randis

PillbilliesPillbillies by K.L. Randis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, this was different! Good different!

I haven't been around drugs, but I am aware of the heartache, the addiction and what people and families go through, however, I have not experienced this first hand. I now feel that I have reading this book.

I think everyone should read this who has any relation with any family member with a drug addiction, its a complete real eye opener for me.

I just felt so bad when Lacey was found dead. How could her brother ever live with himself again?

I read this in one sitting. This book is fiction, but it also could be realism. It has its addiction of its own, I just had to stay with it until the final chapter.

My hat goes off to this author K L Randis for portraying a subject matter so brilliantly and sensitively but darn right blunt. The awful knock on effects were horrendous.


When paramedics discover three-year-old Lacey floating in the bathtub and Jared Vorcelli barely conscious in his parents’ living room, his addiction is put into the limelight and his pill-pushing days as a Kingpin of the Pocono Mountains come to a screeching halt.

Grief stricken once he’s out of prison and rehab, Jared plans to relocate with longtime girlfriend, Tina DeHaven, to wash himself of the drug-riddled town.

But Dex has other plans when he meets Jared. Lucrative plans. Plans that keep Jared pushing pills, hunting down dealers he blames for Lacey’s death and on the verge of relapse.
 









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment