Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 26 January 2015

Follow The Leader by Mel Sherratt

Follow The Leader (DS Allie Shenton, #2)Follow The Leader by Mel Sherratt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DUE FOR RELEASE VERY SOON

I just have to give this top marks, why?
Because:

1. I got into the story right away and wasn't distracted
2. It kept its pace throughout
3. Easy to follow
4. No matter that we learnt the culprit at first few chapters it held its magical powers of keeping from getting bored.


Let me explain my first reason [1] There is nothing better for me than picking up a book and reading the first couple of chapters and me 'getting it' and a feeling that "oh this is gonna be a good 'un" and not wanting to put it down.

[2] It was a nice steady pace, as you would think the DI/Police/Investigations would go. Its REALISM.

[3] The author made it clear, clean cut through out, easy to follow the characters, easy to keep up with 'each' person in each chapter. Not at all confusing as some I have read in the past.

[4] Sometimes, its disappointing don't you think? when the author lets the "cat out of the bag" and you either guess or predict who the culprit is. WHO DONE IT!!! ah yes I know! then the book goes a different way for you because its predicted, your right, and then last page you are saying "well, I knew that was going to happen, or, I knew it was him/her"

Not so in this case, as I said, Mel Sherratt lets us know early on who it is, but it still keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The blurb tells you a bit about what the book is about, so I don't like to give too much more details out. Its not fair on the reader. I wouldn't like it.


I am a great fan of this author, I have yet to fit in a couple more of her books. But being a regular reviewer for a hobby that I have, its hard to fit everything in [as I am sure lots of reviewers know!!] I can't wait to catch up with some more of her books.

I saw this author from day one, a book buddy friend of mine read her book, she told me, and then from there we have regularly stalked her for each book that comes out.

I am so happy to say that I received this copy from Amazon Publishing on Net Galley who kindly allows me free selection

Thank you Mel for a great read! Looking forward to more


A man’s body is found on a canal towpath. In his pocket, a magnetic letter in the shape of an E.

Days later, a second victim is found, this time with the letter V tucked into her clothing.

As the body count rises, the eerie, childlike clues point to a pattern that sends DS Allie Shenton and her colleagues into full alert.

The race is on. Allie and the team must work quickly to determine where the killer will strike next. The rules are simple but deadly—to catch the killer, they must follow the leader.

From the acclaimed author of Taunting the Dead comes a flesh-creeping tale of a child's game with a terrifying, grown-up twist. This is the second book in the DS Allie Shenton series but can be enjoyed as a stand-alone story.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment