Monday, 12 January 2015

52 Likes by Medeia Sharif

52 Likes52 Likes by Medeia Sharif
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

RELEASE DAY 16TH JANUARY

Oh my word! I am so fast becoming a stalker of this author Medeia Sharif. When I read her other book Vitamins and death, I so enjoyed it. When she contacted me to see if I would like to read and review and give my honest take on this book, I agreed, not knowing just how much I would be gripped by this story.

I had to read this in one sitting. I tell you and I kid you not, you won't sleep until you finish it as you need to stay with Valerie.

As any young person does, they go to parties. Some more wild than others. Here we have a group of young people who find empty homes/homes sitting for new occupants and use them for their parties/raves. Except, Valerie ends up at the wrong house, she is raped by a masked man. This is where it all starts and leads you to many things, many aspects of this story. Is Valerie going to be a survivor or a victim.

Then in her discoveries of not allowing her thoughts to rest, she wants to know who her rapist was, it could be anyone, someone she knows, someone she goes to school with, neighbor?

I then wondered where the title of the book came from.........oh my......when I found out, it was ingenious for this author to name this book 52 likes, awesome, it tied in so brilliantly.

Am I fan of this book....oh yes!
Am I fan of this author.......well, this is the 2nd book I have read of hers so........yes! I guess I am.

I really hope someone reads this review and buys this book, because I assure it, it was a book I thoroughly enjoyed, and I am hard to please :)

My thanks goes to Medeia Sharif for contacting me. I am soooo glad you did.


After a brutal rape and near-murder, Valerie wants to get past feelings of victimhood from both the assault and her history of being bullied. She’s plagued by not knowing the identity of her rapist and by the nasty rumors in school about that night. Valerie follows clues from ghostly entities, past victims of the rapist-murderer, contacting her through a social media site—why do all of their eerie photos have 52 likes under them? Their messages are leading her to the mystery man, although he’ll put up a fight to remain hidden. 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment