Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 19 December 2014

Vitamins and Death by Medeia Sharif

Vitamins and DeathVitamins and Death by Medeia Sharif
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book directly from the author Medeia Sharif, the blurb intrigued me. I was eager to get into this book.

I started this last night, early evening, I had to stick with it until the end, so I read this in one sitting. I'm tired today! But I just had to finish it.

Here we have a Mother who is also a teacher. She got involved with a student and was suspended from her job.
Whilst the devastation is on the Mother with her not having work now to earn, and the shame of it all, she really hasn't given much thought to her daughter Deidra Battle. How will this affect her?

Her Mother gets a temp teaching job at another school in another part of town, renting a right dump of a place to live. Her Mom changes her name back to her maiden name hoping that this will protect her. Again, not giving a thought to her daughter who now still is known as Deidra Battle, has to move school and live in fear of her peers, infact, anyone finding out about her Mothers past. And living in a run down flat with water leaks from the ceiling and, well, just a dump really, when she was used to a good lifestyle and home.

Her Father has a new life, new woman, new everything, even a new job, a change of career and doesn't figure in their lives much any more.

Deidra Battle decided to live quietly in school and keep her head down. The less she interacts with her peers the more invisible she would become, right?
Wrong!

The author did a good job of keeping my interest from page one to THE END. I can tell you what! The ending was,........

Nope, I'm not going to tell you, but it does make me wonder if there is going to be a book 2??? author????


I must thank Medeia Sharif for allowing me to read and review this book of hers, she certainly has grabbed my interest.
I hope she keeps me on record to read any further books she writes, this would be awesome.


Deidra Battle wants nothing more than to be invisible. After her mother, a public school teacher, engages in an embarrassing teacher-student affair at Lincoln High, they relocate to a different neighborhood and school. Being her mother’s briefcase, Deidra joins her mother at her new workplace, Hodge High. 

Since her mother has reverted to her maiden name and changed her appearance, Deidra thinks no one will figure out they’re the Battles from recent news and that they’re safe. Neither of them is. Hodge brings a fresh set of bullies who discover details about the scandal that changed her life. 

Feeling trapped at home with an emotionally abusive, pill-addicted mother and at school with hostile classmates who attempt to assault and blackmail her, Deidra yearns for freedom, even if she has to act out of character and hurt others in the process. Freedom comes at a price.






View all my reviews

1 comment: