Monday, 1 December 2014

The Serial Killer's Wife by Robert Swartwood

The Serial Killer's WifeThe Serial Killer's Wife by Robert Swartwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love a good thriller.

1. It holds my attention right from the start
2. Its fast paced and doesn't falter
3. The story weaves and opens up surprises and shocks you never expected

Yep, its got all this and more!

Here we have a woman who has a child, a little boy. Obviously going by the title, you know she was married to a Serial Killer. He is now in prison. She changed her identity.

Her son is taken.

What would you do to get your son back?

Here you see a woman that would do anything, absolutely anything to get her son back, she only has hours.

I can't give away the story too much, but I can say this. TALK ABOUT A SHOCK at the end. I was what? what! WHAT!!!! I know [just like me] you read peoples reviews and you think....Ok OK already, I hear "pager turner" "what a twist at the end"

But I don't know what else to say that isn't a review cliche because..........its not just the end that has you gasping, its the pages along the way.

I have a vivid imagination, and oh yes! its in technicolor in my mind.....believe me! and I saw this book unraveling like a film at a cinema.


The author has done a fantastic job on this thriller. I am so glad he allowed me to read this.

I saw the blurb and thought, hm, sounds right up my street. AND it was. Loved, loved, loved it.

This is the only book I have read by Robert Swartwood and now I have a couple of others I purchased which I want to get around to reading. He really is good and knows his 'stuff'

Thank you Robert Swartwood for allowing me to read one of your books and open yourself to my honest review "grins"


USA TODAY BESTSELLER

Five years ago Elizabeth Piccioni's husband was arrested for being a serial killer. Her life suddenly turned upside down, she did what she thought was best for her newborn baby: she took her son and ran away to start a new life. 

Now, living in a quiet part of the Midwest with a new identity, Elizabeth is ready to start over. But one day she receives a phone call from a person calling himself Cain. Cain somehow knows about her past life. He has abducted her son, and if Elizabeth wants to save him she must retrieve her husband's trophies -- the fingers he cut off each of his victims. 

With a deadline of one hundred hours, Elizabeth has no choice but to return to the life she once fled, where she will soon realize that everything she thought she knew is a lie, and what's more shocking than Cain's identity is the truth about her husband. 

The Serial Killer's Wife is a 80,000-word thriller in the vein of Jeffery Deaver, John Sanford, and Thomas Harris. It includes a special foreword by Blake Crouch. 






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment