Sunday, 28 December 2014

The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel

The Life IntendedThe Life Intended by Kristin Harmel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one hell of a read. I can't tell you too much, as I want you to experience this roller coaster of emotions yourself. You will laugh, you will cry, you will get frustrated, you will sometimes think, "where is this author going with this" but let me tell you, she does a unique storyline that kept me hooked over the Christmas season.

This is mixed emotions at its highest, at its apex.

When Kate lost her first husband, she never expected to find true love again. The thing is, can you escape from your last love. How do you not take some of it with you into a new relationship? When Kate gets these dreams, premonitions, or whatever you want to call it, she gets to a stage where she is totally mixed up.

At times I thought Kate would just give up on life.

These "dreams" she keeps having, she needs to understand them. Is she reading them right? Is she understanding what she is dreaming? Is it her first husband sending her messages?


Death, love and loss.

All of us have experienced it in one depth or another.

There is no time limit on grief. There is no right way to do it, wrong way to do it, there is no schedule, no book to tell you what you should feel, how you should feel or how you should act.

I have to say that Kristin Harmel is an author I need to seek out more, this book had me entranced throughout. I know a lot of reviewers say "I couldn't put this book down" I read all the cliches too LOL, but I really and truly had to stick with this book. Yep, I had to put it down to go to sleep, but I needed to get back to it with an urge that I haven't had for a few weeks now, where a book stays open in your mind all day eventhough you can't get to it until later!

I must thank Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via Net Galley for allowing me to read and leave a review of this book. I truly loved it.

From the author of the international bestseller The Sweetness of Forgetting, named one of the Best Books of Summer 2012 by Marie Clairemagazine, comes a captivating novel about the struggle to overcome the past when our memories refuse to be forgotten.

In this richly told story where Sliding Doors meets P.S. I Love You, Kristin Harmel weaves a heart-wrenching tale that asks: what does it take to move forward in life without forgetting the past?

After her husband's sudden death over ten years ago, Kate Waithman never expected to be lucky enough to find another love of her life. But now she's planning her second walk down the aisle to a perfectly nice man. So why isn't she more excited?

At first, Kate blames her lack of sleep on stress. But when she starts seeing Patrick, her late husband, in her dreams, she begins to wonder if she's really ready to move on. Is Patrick trying to tell her something? Attempting to navigate between dreams and reality, Kate must uncover her husband's hidden message. Her quest leads her to a sign language class and into the New York City foster system, where she finds rewards greater than she could have imagined




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment