Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 22 December 2014

Sweet Damage by Rebecca James

Sweet DamageSweet Damage by Rebecca James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I need to give this the full marks that I can because it was not only written well, it had my interest completely throughout the entire book, from page one to the very end.

I would like to thank Random House Publishing Group - Bantam Dell via Net Galley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this.

We have Tim, he is staying as a guest at his ex girlfriends home, she now has a new boyfriend. As you can imagine, they do not get along. Tim is still in love with his ex, but his ex doesn't want anything other than friendship. He's a bit obsessed by her I thought, looking on her profile on Facebook and hunting through the photo's of her. Sad really.

I found his ex a bit of a bitch, I didn't like her much at all. She really got on my nerves. Tim on the other hand was sweet, bit of a drifter though.

It transpires that he needs to move out of his ex place and find another place to live, alas, he only works in his families restaurant, it seems everyone wants better for him but Tim himself. He loves to go out surfing in between time.

A room comes up in this large, very large house. The only person that lives there is Anna. It turns out not only the house being sinister but Anna herself. She seems to have only two friends.

Tim moves in, things start to happen, and just when I was thinking "I hope this doesn't turn into a horror story or I'll be having nightmares" it didn't, thank God, but what it was gave me chills. It made me think. It certainly had my grey matter churning about what was what.

The last few chapters was when I was meant to be asleep.........I just couldn't do it, I just couldn't lay down, go into the land of oblivion without knowing exactly who Anna was, what the two friends were all about.

There is a weaving twist in this book that I thought was going to be there, but not exactly as to how things happened, so that was a plus for me.

This is the only book I have read by this author, but I see other reviewers talking of another book by her so, I just might get it!

Don't miss out on a fantastic read.


'I still dream about Anna London's house. In my dreams it's as if the house itself has sinister intentions. But in real life it wasn't the house that was responsible for what happened. It was the people who did the damage ...' 

When Tim Ellison finds a cheap room to rent in the perfect location in Sydney it looks like a huge stroke of luck. In fact the room comes with a condition, and the owner of the house, the mysterious Anna London, is unfriendly and withdrawn. When strange and terrifying things start happening in the house at night, Tim wonders if taking the room is a mistake. But then his feelings for Anna start to change, and when her past comes back with a vengeance, Tim is caught right in the middle of it.

A thrilling rollercoaster of a story - read it with the lights on!








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment