Thursday, 6 November 2014

What She Doesn't Know by Lina Gardiner

What She Doesn't KnowWhat She Doesn't Know by Lina Gardiner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a great mystery, we have Raven whose husband tried to kill her, but he is now supposedly dead himself. She doesn't accept this so goes off looking for him.

Travelling, she meets upon Sloan who she things is her husband, a guide had lead her to him [I think] and something to do with artefacts, but Sloan is her husbands Cousin and a look a like to her husband.

She doesn't realize he is her husbands Cousin and is confused. She is not the only one at times.

I'm not sure if it was me, because according to the reviews lots loved this book but I got lost more times than Raven traveled in these chapters!

There is mystery, intrigue and secrets, something about artefacts and a secret society?

There is a romance in there? I didn't come across it.

For fans of this author I am sure they are used to her writing? But for me I found it really a struggle.

This is just my view but if you read other reviews they are very varied, so please weigh things up yourself.

I got to the bottom of the mystery, its good, I got to the bottom of the chunks of Raven's memory missing/life, so that made up for everything else I couldn't follow so well.


Raven Gale can’t put the past behind her. A year ago, her husband tried to kill her in a car accident and killed himself instead. And, as if that wasn’t bad enough; she finds out someone is pretending to be him on an isolated island in the Bay of Fundy. What if it’s really her husband? What if he’s still alive? She’d been in hospital when the funeral was held. For the first time in her life, she finds the strength to track down the imposter to find out what’s going on. 

Now stranded on an island with no way back to the mainland, she’s in the worst trouble she could ever imagine. The imposter claims to want to help her and keep her safe from the other visitors on the island, a group of men who want her dead. And she has no idea why. She quickly learns everyone wants the same thing her husband wanted. Her family’s secrets. Secrets that she doesn’t know, or can’t remember
.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment