Monday, 10 November 2014

What Lies Behind by Cynthia Hill

What Lies BehindWhat Lies Behind by Cynthia Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The writing within this lovely story is very well done, very well presented and rounded.

The story itself is how its portrayed in the blurb, and runs along nicely.

I can't say it was one of those books I kept having to pick up, as its mild and the story isn't like....quick, quick I need to know what the secret is, as for me, I didn't see what the big hush hush was.

We all have loved ones and sometimes we do not sit and think that they had a life too, they had choices, they may have taken the wrong choices sometimes as we do all. This comes out for me in this story that we tend to 'take our loved ones for granted' and we don't see that they lived, they were are persons such as you or I am who takes walks down paths that we shouldn't, couldn't or wouldn't had.

I found the grandmother intriguing and the story of 'her Walter' very touching.

There are some sad moments and some happier moments among the chapters of this book.

Pay attention to the headings of each chapter, it will let you know if you are reading past or present day events.

If you are looking for a women's fiction that is easy to read and follow, then this is the book for you. If you love 'family' type books, then again, this is the book for you. I enjoyed it as I like both.



I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read and review her book, it was a pleasure to do so.


Every family has its secrets... Behind the clouds of dementia, Lillian holds memories of a life that her granddaughter Lisa could never imagine. From her childhood in 1920s and 30s Toronto, to a young World War II society bride, through scandal and unthinkable tragedies, Lillian kept her extraordinary life a secret, retreating into a lonely, bitter existence. Curious about her grandmother's mysterious past, Lisa unearths a long-buried secret that may finally bring the truth to light.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment