Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 24 November 2014

Trash: An Innocent Girl. A Shocking Story of Squalor and Neglect. by Britney Fuller

Trash: An Innocent Girl. A Shocking Story of Squalor and Neglect.Trash: An Innocent Girl. A Shocking Story of Squalor and Neglect. by Britney Fuller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was granted this book to read from Random House UK, Ebury Publishing via Net Galley

I love books such as Cathy Glass and Casey Watson so I just had to read this one. Its totally different from a child who was sexual abused or the usual type of reads like this.

This is a story about a little girl who grew up with a Mom who was messy, dirty and well, certainly unusual and eccentric. She tended to have mood swings too.

As the child grew she came across the word 'hoarder' and realized that was describing her Mom! The appalling way she had to live was upsetting to read.

I've seen the program 'hoarders' on TV and always wondered how a person could live like that. But this is a knock on effect to the daughter who lived along side her. Who was treated like some sort of slave and then on the other hand, treated nicely which was confusing not only for me but for the little girl!

I have to say that I read this book within a day, its compulsive reading.

Its well written, great details, graphic in that you can imagine all the rubbish surrounding you....urrggghhh and the smells.

I won't tell you any more, if you like books such as this, then I recommend it.

Britney Fuller has done a great job in writing this book.

I would definitely buy it for a friend.



‘To start: it was just me and my mom. I am an only child, and she is a single parent. My mother is a trash hoarder. Ever since I can remember the house was always messy and stunk. At around age 9ish I noticed that something was wrong. I started throwing bags of trash away every day, just to have my mom freak out when she got home. We didn’t eat at home anymore because the fridge was disgusting, and she used the sink as a trash can, so it got clogged. We always ate out, we never had a home-cooked meal, and I’ve never had a family dinner at a dinner table. I had a stool in the corner of the living room. That is what I sat on, and that alone. I kept that corner as clean as I could. Made sure there was foot space, and that there wasn’t dust on the walls. That was my corner, my space. It never seemed to matter though, eventually that spot would get overrun with trash too...’





Trash is Britney Fuller's shocking account of growing up in the house of a hoarder








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment