Tuesday, 4 November 2014

The Broken String by Diane Chamberlain

The Broken StringThe Broken String by Diane Chamberlain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Silent Sister.


This is the prequel to it. I found it a really good introduction to a book I would want to read, however, I don't see the use for this 'modern' day introductions to a future book. If you are a Diane Chamberlain fan [which I am] I would just go ahead and buy her book.


This is no more than the first part of a book, no more and no less than it should be. I really think this should be joined onto THE SILENT SISTER and be the first chapters you read.

We have a girl going to visit her brother, she's on the plane travelling, he's in a critical condition.

Yep it sure whets your appetite to read THE SILENT SISTER, but why is it needed?

Now then........
On the basis of the introduction and my moan over.....

I can honestly see that THE SILENT SISTER is going to be a very good book, which would be no less from what we expect from this talented author.


I was granted this to read by St. Martin's Press via Net Galley


In celebration of the forthcoming novel The Silent Sister, Diane Chamberlain introduces Riley MacPherson in the e-short story The Broken String. As seventeen-year-old Riley MacPherson rushes to the side of her brother who has been gravely injured in Iraq, she recalls their growing up years when he was her protector and best friend. Why did that relationship fall apart? She longs for a second chance to connect with her brother, not realizing that family secrets may prevent them from ever having that closeness again.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment