Monday, 24 November 2014

I'll Be Watching You by Beverly Barton

I'll Be Watching YouI'll Be Watching You by Beverly Barton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the very first time I have read a book by this well known author. I have always wanted to read one of her thrillers, she gets really good feedback, however, I think I chose the wrong one to start with :(

I thought, reading the blurb, that this was going to fast paced, exciting and keep my attention throughout. It didn't.

The thing for me is, I have read over 400 books this year and in all the thrillers I have chosen to read, this one doesn't stand out in a crowd at all, its actually similar to one I read not long ago by someone else. Its not exactly the same [let me clarify that] but it has a lot of similarities.

Its a well written book as you would expect from an experienced author, however, I expected more I guess.

I would like to thank HarperCollins UK, Avon via Net Galley for allowing me a copy for my Kindle and also to Goodreads First reads for my paperback version. I have to say though, my husband is reading it now and he's enjoying it.

So the point is, we all have different tastes and expectations.

Would I buy this for someone as a gift? Yes, if they liked the occasional thriller not too heavy.


Ella, sweet Ella, you were meant to be mine. You can’t begin to imagine all the things I want to do to you. When the time is right, I will come for you . . .

A series of hand-delivered letters leaves Ella scared for her life. Someone is watching her. Wanting her. Someone promising revenge.

Desperate for the nightmare to end, Ella will do anything to discover the truth. Even join forces with a man who comes with his own danger warning 






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment