Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 20 October 2014

Milk-Blood by Mark Matthews

Milk-BloodMilk-Blood by Mark Matthews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW bloody WOW.

I have been glued to this book all day! Its addiction is not only about the people in there with heroin addiction, its also an addictive story you need to keep topping up on.

I have never heard the term Milk-Blood. [Taking blood from an heroin addict that keeps you topped up in case you run out] At first I was saying urggghhhhhhh.

This entire story is flavored in parts that I took very much to heart.

I think it all kicked in for me when Lilly was born. Born from heroin addict parents. She was born with 'see through' skin and a heart defect; we later learn of her stomach problems.

To have an entire neighborhood on drugs is just mind blowing but not unbelievable.

The inset of a comment this author writes right at the beginning kept me intrigued. After reading what his job was I could tell he had experienced, seen, understood and witnessed some crazy things. This must come out to us the reader whilst reading through this book.

I have never read anything like this before. Its a book I loved to hate. Let me explain this, I LOVED IT, no one can read the upsetting aspects in this book without hating it, hating what you read, wanting for things to be different.

Every month before the pay check there was no food. Can you imagine this?

The killings were not nice at all, Zachary was used by Latrice as a hitman in my opinion. The trouble is, sometimes the wrong person got killed and I felt so bad when it was a child.

There is so much going on in this book to keep you turning pages, it has been quite an eye opener for me.

When Lilly came into her own as she got older it made things even more intriguing, but of course, Lilly was a drug addict too by then.

Child Protective Services did get involved when she was younger and as you can imagine, that didn't go down too well!
But nothing ever changed in her life.

The homeless man across the street was known as having schizophrenic tendencies which was disturbing for her. I would say most of them had some sort of mental health problem. Of course, psychiatric wards are full of addicts, drunks etc, what came first? the mental health problem or the addiction? But not all mental health patients have an addiction.
Why am I saying this? because this family life is so dysfunctional you wonder how this can be 'normal' for some not to see this ISN'T normal way of living.

The ending was shocking. I gasped out loud and held my Kindle to my chest saying what a perfectly written piece of superb work this was by Mark Matthews. I would certainly read more by him.

I'm shocked to the core.

Like I say, the addicts are not the only addicts inside of this book, I think I've discovered my addiction for a new author.


I would like to thank sincerely Mark Matthews for allowing me to read his book. I was a bit scared, I must say that, and I was jumpy through it, but boy oh boy, did I love it




Lilly is ten years old, born with a heart defect, and already addicted to heroin. Her mother is gone from her life, and there are rumors that she was killed by her father and buried near the abandoned house across the street. The house intrigues her, she can't stay away, and the monstrous homeless man who lives there has been trying to get Lilly to come inside. 

For her mother is there, buried in the back, and this homeless man is Lilly's true father, and both want their daughter back






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment