Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Every Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter

Every Ugly WordEvery Ugly Word by Aimee L. Salter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



What a well thought out good riveting book.

I loved the layout where Ashley Watson is talking to her Consultant/Psych doctor yet she is telling her story, then it breaks back to the consultation. As questions are asked of her, she then relates more of her terrible experiences.

Ashley is teased, bullied, got at and so undeserving of it all.

There has been odd times in a book that I have read where I feel like shouting out loud. I HATE bullies, its one of my pet hates and I would take any bully on. Hate what they do. I have never been bullied at schooled, I have had grown people try to bully me but I am a strong character, bullies bring out the sarcastic retorts in me and I can give as good as I get, well, I did when younger than I am now, but that was in my hay day. Bullying people is just NOT on the agenda for me, I would name and shame, so......
you can imagine my feelings and frustration when reading this about Ashley.

When your Mother seemed to bully her to unwittingly about her "attractiveness" I just wanted to shut her up! I really felt for Ashley, she seemed to get bad comments everywhere she went including in her own home.


Matt is her best friend, problem.....
she is in love with him.

She was brave enough to put pen to paper and want to divulge this information to him, however, she has a 'second grown self' that tells her this may or may not be a good idea.

It could spoil the friendship.

Matt gets involved with a girl who Ashley doesn't like one little bit, she's part of the gang that bullies her and picks on her, but for the sake of Matt she bites her tongue.

There is lots surrounding this relationship between that girl and Matt and Ashley knows something that he doesn't know.

We go back to the doctor who weaves more questions to Ashley to draw her out and get to the bottom of all sorts of things.

I wasn't sure when Ashley moved how she came to be hurt and her stitches were painful when she moved in the chair sometimes. I had to wait for that to be developed and revealed by the author.

Its really strange that Ashley, when she looks into the mirror she sees herself at 23 years old, she can actually have conversations with her.
I found that side enthralling as it came across very believably real.

I loved how Ashley was a very talented artist, she was able to portray a lot of her emotions and feelings this way. Her art teacher picked up on this right away.

Ashley goes through a living nightmare and I just wanted to reach out and protect her from all the nastiness.

The books ending will have you gasping. It will leave you with a lot of feelings too one way or another.

My hat goes off to this author for writing a wonderful YA book that a 55 year old woman enjoyed.


I would like to thank Alloy Entertainment via Net Galley allowing me to access this freely for review



When seventeen-year-old Ashley Watson walks through the halls of her high school bullies taunt and shove her. She can’t go a day without fighting with her mother. And no matter how hard she tries, she can’t make her best friend, Matt, fall in love with her. But Ashley also has something no one else does: a literal glimpse into the future. When Ashley looks into the mirror, she can see her twenty-three-year-old self.

Her older self has been through it all already—she endured the bullying, survived the heartbreak, and heard every ugly word her classmates threw at her. But her older self is also keeping a dark secret: Something terrible is about to happen to Ashley. Something that will change her life forever. Something even her older self is powerless to stop.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment