Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Eternal Bloom by Kenitra Jordan

Eternal BloomEternal Bloom by Kenitra Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Kenitra Jordan approached me to read and review her book, she added that she thought that I would like to read it because its my type of read. I wasn't sure, but what I am sure of is that Kenitra Jordan must have followed my reviews for some time and got to 'know' that type of books I read. I am honestly grateful for her seeking me out.

I make no bones about the fact that this is one hell of a read. It grips you, turning page after page, it makes you feel feelings that you have never felt before. You utter words in your head that you never though was possible to say. I was swearing in my head!

This poor woman in an abusive marriage. With children she was trying to protect.

I felt every slap, every poke, every kick. I cried for her laying on that bed when he was using her. I wanted to turn the abuse right around to him and ....... well, you get the picture.

I used to think that it was weak women that stayed with these men, no way do I feel that now. Its strong women who endure this.

I cried for her when she told her Mother, the reply from her Mother I am not going to tell you, but let me say, I was saying some words in my head and wanted to slap her.

That woman's strength of character came right out at me from the pages of this read. I felt her determination.

When she was aiming to leave him, when she was standing up against him. What a spirit she had.

That man was no other than a b*st*rd, in fact, that word is too good for him.

I wasn't expecting that ending though. I really wasn't expecting that ending, it had me crying at the end.

At what cost comes freedom?

Please don't overlook this book because of its subject matter as its a powerful story from a powerful female.

Kenitra Jordan has done wonders with this book and I can't believe its her debut novel.

Thank you Kenitra for seeking me out and asking me directly if I would like to read it.


Raised to honor her vows, "till death do you part, in good times and bad times," Aiyana Adams tries to be the perfect life compliment to her husband: prominent attorney Kalb Adams. But the facade of a perfect life, is soon shattered when Aiyana learns the sinister truth about her husband...now, how will she get out? How will she keep her children? How will she survive the adversity thrown at her, and still manage to pull her children and herself out of the fire?






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment