Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 11 September 2014

Your Beautiful Lies by Louise Douglas

Your Beautiful LiesYour Beautiful Lies by Louise Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has got to be a memorable read for me. Its a book that I will not forget in a hurry.

There are many things written that stood out to me either feeling in shock, awe or darn right flabbergasted.

My take on it is this:

The love of her life was accused of a crime he insists he didn't commit and that he was framed for. He is still saying this right out until the time he is released.

Whilst in prison Annie never hears from him.

She moves on with her life and marries Chief of Police William.

Right at the time I 'met' William in this book I thought him odd, insensitive and very power driven, however, we get to see why he is that way as the book moves along. He is precise in whatever he does. Even eating his meal would grate on my nerves.

There is a part in the book that sticks out among many....when he lifts her nighty up and just takes what he wants. OMG how would you react and why didn't Annie react?

Their little daughter would worry me endlessly, the pictures she draws, the obsession she has with death, crime and danger is so upsetting to read.

There are murders in this book, there is suspense in this read, it will keep you turning the pages very fast.

What I also loved about the way Louise Douglas has written this novel is how real it is. Each page was like I was watching a movie. Its was unravelling in my mind, I was sure I knew what was what.

At times I wanted to shout and shake or even knock William out! Then I got angry at Annie, for gods sake stand up to him. He wasn't a bully though out and out as you would expect.

I thought Annie's Mother was so not understanding her daughter. When she finds out Annie has rekindled her love for the man who has just come out of prison, she is not happy, not happy at all. Annie can't talk to her Mother.

Its a very compelling book to read. I really had to stick with this book from cover to cover, my eyes were dropping one evening before bed, but I needed to finish it. I really couldn't leave this book until the next day to see what was what.

Very good read, excellent remarkable work from this author.

I was granted this book to read by Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley and I loved it more than words can say.



Annie Howarth is living a restless life in a restless town. It's 1987 and for a mining community in South Yorkshire, the strikes mean tensions are running high. Then a murdered girl is found on the moors and the anxiety levels are pushed to a dangerous breaking point. 

Married to the Chief of Police, Annie should feel safe – William can be secretive, though surely whatever he's hiding is for her own good.

But Annie is keeping her own secrets. Ten years ago the man she loved was ripped from her life in a scandal that still haunts the both of them, and now his return will put her family, her marriage, even her life, at risk.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment