Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 18 September 2014

Wanton Regard by Geoffrey Neil

Wanton RegardWanton Regard by Geoffrey Neil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read a book lately that has thrilled me more than this one has as regards 'the guessing game'.
I'm flicking through pages left right and center. Its really creepy. The one that is stalking is really scary its like you can hear his voice in your head.

Hailey Vaughan lives an affluent life, well off and has a rather over protective husband, as you read, you can see just how much 'over protectiveness' he emits.
He would really bug me.

The downside was, Hailey was supposed to be in control of her life, quite a confident woman, I thought in the beginning she seemed easy pry. I can only say that she was easily moved because of the admiration.

There is also a religious cult involved here, so I won't say more than that as I don't want to reveal anything, its hard to continue to write a review without giving the game away.

The only other thing I would like to add is, the blurb really doesn't 'sell' the book because its just SO MUCH MORE to this than it entices.

Just look at the book cover! wooooo

I was given this book to read and review from Priorities Intact Publishing via Net Galley who I would like to thank, without them allowing this I may have missed out on pretty dam good thriller


Successful executive, Hailey Vaughan, lives a privileged life in a secure, gated community with an insecure, overly-protective husband. When a mysterious admirer approaches her, Hailey allows herself to enjoy a "safe" amount of his flattery--with disastrous results. Her admirer is an obsessed stalker who already knows all the most intimate details of her life. Hailey attempts to salvage her already-rocky marriage by hiding her dilemma from her suspicious husband. Her problems deepen when a fanatical leader of a religious sect in town targets her for conversion to his cause and won't take no for an answer. Hailey must find a way to free herself from the unrelenting stalker, a religious fanatic and a jealous, gun-toting husband who converge in a battle to control her. A last-minute business trip offers Hailey the perfect escape from the life-threatening attention. But her trip will become more terrifying than she could have imagined after she learns that it’s one-way. This chilling, fast-paced story of high-tech stalking will make you wary of every object in your home, in your car, in your office ... and on your body.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment