Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Life Discarded by D.E. Haggerty

Life DiscardedLife Discarded by D.E. Haggerty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh My, oh My, I loved this book! I really did love this book! I stayed with my kindle everywhere I went. When my book buddy phoned me I was telling her she MUST get this book, so she has! I would recommend this book to everyone. Its a sorta thriller/suspense/romance. Its got everything in it!

I was on a book tour of this book and offered to give my honest unbiased take on it. I am so glad that I did. I pass a lot of books on tours, but the date was right with this one and I could fit it into my ever growing list of TBR books to review.

This book will stay with me for a long time. I'm going to check to see if its in paperback as I'd like to buy it to lend to friends, but also to keep. There is something about having the 'actual' book in your possession, I know its on my Kindle and its there forever but...........[if you know what I mean]

This story was so well written that I felt I was watching this drama unfold on the TV screen. I could envision all of it in my minds eye.

The descriptions were so interwoven with the dialogue that you just didn't realise the author was setting the scene.

Let me explain:

Sometimes the setting is written in one heap of paragraphs for pages, then the action and dialogue begins. Nope, not with this authors way of writing, the setting of the scene is so interwoven with the chatting back and forth that you just don't get bored at all.

This author in MHO is very clever to do both this at the same time. I never ever got bored. Its like you, the actual reader is there right in that time zone. Fantastic!

Morgan + Daniel.

Morgan with her friend.

Daniel with his friend Eric.

Morgans friend likes Eric, but Eric has fallen for Morgan except she's married to Daniel. [follow?]


The thing is, all of this is important, not because of a romantic liason, but its good to place this in your mind for the story.

Daniel is aware that Eric likes his wife. Keep that in mind too.

Morgan has found the love of her life, everything she's ever wanted is wrapped up in the nice good looking Daniel.
Good listener, good friend, fantastic lover, thoughtful and ALWAYS there when she needs him [and when she doesn't!]

Drip
Drip
Drip

You see Daniel as not so nice. You see Daniel as not so loving but possessive and controlling.
You see Daniel and a bully.

Just what is behind that office door that has been locked for over a year since they have been married?

Has she asked? Oh yes. What happened [I hear you say] READ IT AND FIND OUT because I'm not telling.

Morgan confides in her friend, but at first she doesn't pull Daniel down infront of her because she doesn't want her friend to say "I told you so" as her friend just doesn't trust Daniel.

Daniel belittles Morgan verbally

Drip
Drip
Drip

Morgan's confidence goes down less and less.

Does anyone notice? Will Morgan realise that her life just isn't want she thinks it is?

This storyline has so much going for it, you will not be able to do anything else until you read it all the way through.

I could write a lot more, but you get the gist....and no, its not a happy ever after. This book had me hanging on every word that D E Haggerty has typed.

Her BFF tried to tell her.
Eric tried to tell her.
Her Parents tried to tell her.

Tell her what?

I read this book 4 days ago and I've read 5 books since then, and still this book stands out to me.




Why would a woman who has it all throw her life away? Morgan has the perfect life. She married the man of her dreams. Daniel is smart, gorgeous and successful. Everything she has always wanted in a husband and the father of her children. But he’s also domineering, overprotective and jealous. Is living with him enough to drive Morgan over the edge? Or does something more treacherous lurk beneath the fa├žade?

Morgan
A gorgeous, sweet woman that is oblivious to her own beauty. She’s shy with men, but a rock to her friends. A librarian in a small town in the mid-west. She’s been waiting a long-time to find the one. 

Daniel
An accountant in the city who will do anything to be the youngest partner in his firm. He always gets what he wants and he wants Morgan. He will pursue Morgan until she submits. 

Together
They rush through a courtship and marry within a year of meeting. Morgan’s life is perfect. She has a job she loves, a best friend for which she would do anything and a husband that completes her. But things are not often as they appear. Behind closed doors the loving Daniel that Morgan married is jealous and overprotective. Sometimes he’s even domineering. 

Culmination
Morgan runs away – destroying everything in her path as she disappears. What made this good girl go bad?






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment