Monday, 18 August 2014

Surviving Love by Ada Frost

Surviving Love (Surviving #2)Surviving Love by Ada Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have to say, I didn't realize this was book 2 in the series. I was happily reading it as a stand alone, so don't be put off if you read this first before book 1. It hasn't made much difference to me. I only found that out because I was raving on the phone to my book buddy Philomena, she told me its book 2 and what did I think of book 1....Puzzled.com so I straight away had to read book 1.

Anyway, I have read this and can only say, it knocked my socks off! I read so many books that some inks just blur into another, then you get another book to review and blimey! it just takes a hold of you that you can't put down. This story, this book SURVIVING LOVE by ADA FROST just blew me away. I was so 'into' this book that I had my Kindle open at any time I could. Sat at the kitchen table waiting for supper to cook. Taking myself to bed earlier so that I could finish it.

For anyone that knows me, I have trouble sitting in a room where there are distractions when I'm reading, I can honestly say that I lost myself in this book. I think an earthquake could have happened and I'd want to stay put.

Louise Beaumont is known as feisty. As I read this page by page I warmed to her so much. I'd love a friend like her! She was pregnant, but there was a problem, her long relationship she had, well, her guy was not so keen. Or so it seemed.

Johan was her room mate. You get really into the attraction between them, but Johan has been damaged, in a huge way. He's never opened up his emotions to anyone.

This book is so indepth I am not going to give the injustice of writing all about it, as I want YOU the READER to read this. Its a tender, emotional, not very nice taboo subject which pulls at your heart strings. It rips you open to think what happened to him.

Ryan just made me emotional. I loved that guy. What a solid, loyal anchor Johan had in him and his friend Will. Wills mother was a diamond, the author made me weep when I imagined the Mothers gestures as described in this book. Any Mother couldn't just weep for what she knew, for what she imagined Johan going through.

The repercussions of what Johan went through growing up in his early years was so intense it had me weeping big blobs of tears.

Louise was A.........MAZE.......ING in handling him.

There was a part where Johan, a grown man was hiding UNDER the bed. Where Louise laid down on the floor talking to him. I imagined this playing out in my head it felts so very real.

Johan was rescued by Ryan, but Ryan paid a price.
The ending wasn't what I expected, it was better than I expected it.

You won't be disappointed reading this, just get your tissues out as it will make your cry in some parts.

I am so glad I offered to read and review this in a blog tour. I've read some fantastic books lately and this one has bumped right up to my top 10.



What do you do when you find out you’re pregnant, your boyfriend rejects you, your sister is beaten half to death and the most annoyingly gorgeous man takes up residence in your house? Well ladies, there is only one thing to do, pull up your big girl knickers and show the world your middle finger.

Louise Beaumont is renowned for her sharp wit, smart mouth and sassy personality. She comes out swinging in an argument, even when she’s wrong. But even some events in life can knock her on her arse. And fighting through the sludge of emotional pressure she’s had poured over her is taking its toll. 

Johan Senior is broken. A man with a deeply traumatic past, shadows and monsters haunt his every waking hour. That is until a heavenly angel is sent in the form of a loud mouthed chestnut haired vixen, who threatens his manhood countless times. But his heart grabs onto her and refuses to let her go. The only problem is, his mind needs to allow him the pleasure of human touch, and to take that terrifying step of allowing someone into his heart.

Part of the Surviving series but can be read as a standalone novel







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment