Saturday, 30 August 2014

S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared by L. Marie Adeline

S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared (Secret, #2)S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared by L. Marie Adeline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OK, novels, fiction, its supposed to stretch your imagination right?

So I went with this book. I hadn't read book 1, so to be fair the back and forth and going over what was in book 1 was vital to me, but I would say VERY irritating for anyone who read book 1. I've been in that situation and shouting out "C'mon already"

I got the gist of what was going on. Its a good twist on something else I have read last year by a different author.

I read it from beginning to end. I did realize there were bits in there that weren't explained or expanded more as a reader, if I missed something then I'd flick back a few pages....I did this and still couldn't see any understanding of how Dauphine got 5-9 charms??? and who was Dauphine ?

I could see that Cassie had grown from an insecure woman to a much more dominate one. She got confidence with each step she took in the programme.

It was an OK read.

I was given this book to read and review from Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley.

Thank you.

"I, Cassie Robichaud, solemnly swear to serve S.E.C.R.E.T. to the best of my abilities. I will do what is necessary, what is right and what is within my power to assist in the execution of sexual fantasies for our participant(s)..."

And so begins S.E.C.R.E.T. II, which opens with Cassie's initiation into this mysterious organization, one that helps women experience their most potent sexual fantasies. Cassie spends the next year as a "S.E.C.R.E.T. member-at-large," not quite a guide, she'll assist Committee members (including two new ones, Kit DeMarco and Angela Rejean) in recruiting men and helping to execute a new inductee's fantasies. 

After a false start with the first potential inductee, Cassie makes the acquaintance of Dauphine Gray, a 31-year old who works at the Funky Monkey vintage clothing store on Magazine Street in New Orleans. Geeky, gawky and easily distracted, Dauphine has no idea how attractive she really is because her face is forever in a book. Reading is her passion, music is her pleasure, and Dauphine's all but given up on sex, especially after a painful rejection that still haunts her. Then Cassie and the women from S.E.C.R.E.T. show her it's possible to reignite that flame.

Meanwhile, Cassie must work through her resentment over losing Will to Tracina and their future baby. But when paternity questions surface, Tracina threatens to expose Cassie's S.E.C.R.E.T. membership to the one man both women love. Will Tracina expose Cassie to Will, and if she does, what will he make of his secret love's S.E.C.R.E.T. life?







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment