Sunday, 31 August 2014

HOUSE OF STONE by RENE D SCHULTZ

One of my favorite authors has a new book out today!!!!!!! This is the 2nd book in the series. GET IT NOW



After reading Bishop Street I thought that was the end of the journey.

Then Rene Schultz messaged me to say that so many wanted it not to end she had more!
Yes more, well, I was so excited you wouldn't believe. I wondered what Maggie would
bring to book 2.

I was wondering how she would grow and how her past of being left
on the doorstep of the orphanage in Bishop Street would affect her in later life.

This second book had me gasping in places. I literally could feel my heart
pounding, the event that happened was awful, I am not going to tell you.
But it had me wondering if Maggie was alive. Did she make it?

We see the bonds of the other grown children, Lucy, Elizabeth and Randolph
again in this book 2. 

The characters are as solid and stone, they are rocks to each other, they are bold
like boulders, unmoveable and unstoppable.

I really don't want to give too much away so I am deleting bits as I go
I just want you to know how this book made me FEEL. 

This author Rene Schultz brings out emotions in me that aren't
easily displayed. 

There were times when I was biting my nails, times when I was crying buckets
and times when I was scared.

Each character has now got a place in my heart, as as this lovely unique
author, Rene Schultz.

“The test of life is not meant to break you, but to make you stronger...” 

Four powerful childhood friendships become twisted with lies and deceit after they leave Bishop Street Orphanage. Twenty years later, the four orphans are back together, once again. Maggie is a best-selling author that lives in Los Angeles. Elizabeth, is a farmer’s wife with five children, and they live in North Bend, North Dakota. Randolph the billionaire, is a wandering nomad who has never put down roots. Lucy is finally clean and sober, and raising her daughter, after twenty years of living on the streets. 

Challenging themselves to let go of the past, and still fused together by the immeasurable power of friendship, they will never let anything get in their way, again. Not the tests of courage and willingness to change; not the devastating flood that hits North Bend, threatening to destroy the town; and not the love and happiness they find, unexpectedly. Suddenly, their lives will all change forever, when Maggie is visiting an orphanage in Honduras and the big earthquake hits. Thousands of lives are lost, Maggie is missing, and their worst fears will test their strength of survival, once again!(





No comments:

Post a Comment