Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Finding Hope by Beth Fred

Finding HopeFinding Hope by Beth Fred
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Finding Hope by Beth Fred.

I'd never heard of Beth Fred until I saw this book come up for a review. I liked the sound of it, so took a chance on reading it.

After reading and reviewing now for over 2 years I have learnt a lot, and my selection on this book was spot on, so I am a happy girl.

We have Kailee. I found her a very lonely girl, her Mother having left her and her brother at an early age. Her Father a well known Lawyer and never home or there for her.
Celeb her 'then' boyfriend who she has known since young. As I was reading, she then came across as quite a strong girl, my viewpoint changed throughout the book. I realized this girl was GREAT she had grown to be a great person, good outlook, and a good sense of humour too in parts.

We also have Abraham, or as Kailee liked to call him.....Abe.

Everyone mistakes Abe as a Muslim. Abe is the head of his family, he has his Ommy [Mother] his sister Mirriam. He has quite a bit to deal with from his sister, she can be quite rebellious.


My Thought


You know what its like, all white people come from the UK regardless of nationality or race.
All black people come from Africa. Chinese or Singapore?
You get the picture? So that is why Abe was getting to be put into Muslim because of the color of his skin, and Muslim, Jew, Pakistan, they all are the same right? No wrong.

It was great to read this kind of story bringing nationalities/cultures together.

We all know about arranged marriages and this part is covered in this book, I found the author making me laugh with regards the choice of 'husband' that Abe was trying to choosee for his sister to keep her out of trouble. Although this never came to pass, it was fun reading it regarding the conversation that took place between Abe and his friend at the time.

Conclusion

To round up what I thought about the writing of this story. I found it excellent in detail. The beginning of the book drew me in to keep on reading, I did have a bit of a lag in some chapters then all of a sudden BOOM, it took up pace so fast it was amazing, the events that happened, the circumstance and things that were going on [I am trying not to give anything away here so you will know what I mean when you read this for yourselves]
This book so stepped up in the final few chapters.

Layout

We have Abraham's [Abe's] chapters and we have Kailee's chapters.

POV chapters or paragraphs do often confuse me, I'm of the old school of reading so its taken me some time to adapt, and there has been very few that I have thoroughly enjoyed because of it, I have to say THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE TOP ones I HAVE enjoyed using this style of writing. I wasn't confused, it flowed well, there weren't repeats of different POV running over the same things [which is one of my pet hates]. The author has done this beautifully.

I will definitely be recommending this book to all I know who will enjoy this genre. And I'll certainly be keeping a watch on future books written by BETH FRED




When insecure eighteen-year-old Kailee Hill gets caught tagging Iraq war refugee, Abrahem Yohanna's garage, she's not expecting him to act as her designated driver, hold her hair back when she pukes, or offer to be a shoulder to cry on. But she's failing chemistry and her life is falling apart, so she uses the number Abe leaves her and finds herself with a new tutor. 
The two quickly find themselves falling hard for each other. Kailee attacks a local grunt when he calls Abe a "sand nigger" and fights with her veteran brother to be with him. When she learns Abe hasn't told his family about her, she's heartbroken and the couple risks losing everything they've worked to build. To make matters worse, Kailee's previous acts make her the prime suspect in a serious crime. With Kailee behind bars and doubting his feelings for her, Abe must find a way to rescue the girl he loves and win back her affection . And to do that he’ll have to catch a crook…



I will make the links live when the book is released






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment