Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 29 August 2014

Correlation by Mia Grace

CorrelationCorrelation by Mia Grace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would like to thank Red Adept publishing for allowing me to read and review this book.


It was lovely to be approached by the company to see if I would like to join their promotions. This book was up for review and the cover grabbed my attention, so reading on from that and the blurb it seemed like my kind of read. I'm terrible for reading books with tragedies!

It was a bit slow to take off for me, but stick with it as it does liven up and get really engrossing. I found myself not wanting to put this down in the end. I had to read the ending today.

There were several bits in there that stood out for me. One of them being when Haley was looking forward to her 16th Birthday, only to have it over shadowed by her brothers graduation, so that meant her birthday was postponed until the following weekend. Well, imagine! a 16 year old's emotions and feelings on that one! SHE was not happy. Mind you, I wouldn't have been either and I'm not 16. I would have sulked forever.

There is another part where they are all sat eating and chit chatting about things, they are potentially making plans to go visit their Grandparents in the coming near future [not that Haley is taking too much notice of the chatting, she's still narked] You can see inside of Haley's head how she resents her brothers graduation taking priority over her 16th birthday.....now c'mon!

She's sacrificed her birthday, in her head she's thinking, yeah right, if it were the other way around bet her brother wouldn't have done this.

On that evening he was due to meet friends at the Project graduation. He did did go there but he left with his friends. Haley had some insight but didn't say anything to her parents.

She decided to sit and watch a film or two, but her Father comes and sits and falls asleep there snoring, so she goes to her bed to sleep. What a day she's having....not!

She's woken with someone screaming "NO, NO NO oh no" she discovers its her Mother.

Her brother has been involved in an accident and is in hospital. The story really comes into its own then. Keep with it, its really good.

I'm not saying anymore, as you need to read it.

Its a YA book but I am 55 years old! So I'm a YA adult? is there such a thing Ha! :-)


I've not read anything by this author so she's new to me. And then I discovered her website. I see she writes YA as Mia Grace and adult as Rosemary Fifield. I then discovered I have 2 of her books written as Rosemary Fifield so I am a happy reader discovering this.

She really does weave a quality read.

When the past and the present collide… 

Hailey Kent knows how she wants to spend the summer before her junior year in high school: hanging out at the pool with Jenna, her BFF; riding her new trail bike on Vermont’s country roads; and flirting with Jenna’s hot older brother, Cody. 

Hailey’s plans are shattered when a post-graduation accident puts her brother into a coma. Feeling guilty for not stopping him from going out that night, she seeks solace in exploring an old house and its overgrown gardens. 

A mysterious correlation of events propels her back in time to the Vietnam War era, where she realizes she can use her knowledge of one boy’s fate to save his life. 

But first, Hailey needs to convince him of her sanity










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment