Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Captured Lies by Maggie Thom

Captured Lies (Caspian Wine, #1)Captured Lies by Maggie Thom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Absolutely loved it!

The entire concept of this story is superb in MHO.
Its kept me reading on and off all day today until I finished it.

With her Mum unexpectedly dying she is left with a lot of unsaid words.
The thing is, she's left with an awful lot more than that! As its clear from almost the start that her Mother was not her biological Mother.

I'm not going to say much more as the book needs reading. You will be enthralled by it.

One annoying thing for me was, she was aged 29/30 in the book? Well, when she spoke at times and the way she acted it was felt to be like a youth. I expected more maturity I guess.

This didn't distract me, just annoyed me and reminded me if some of the YA books I've read. This is far more sophisticated a read I thought.

I really can't wait for book 2.

I have Maggie Thom's Tainted Waters to read. I really think I've stumbled across a great up and coming author.
I am so happy I got involved with this promotion.


She was kidnapped not once but twice and now someone wants her dead because of it....
Her life was a lie!
Bailey knew her upbringing wasn’t normal but she’s worked hard to stabilize her life. At 29, she finally has a good business, a stable home; her life is miles from that of her childhood. Then suddenly her mother dies, leaving a gaping hole and a discovery that they may not even be related. If Guy, the private investigator is to be believed, her life is a lie. Using the skills she learned on the streets, Bailey travels back through a sketchy and dangerous past, to find answers. Dodging bullets, staying ahead of those who want her dead and convincing Guy she can do it alone, are making it difficult to discover not only the secrets of her mother’s past but that of a family claiming she is theirs. 
Everyone seems to have a story... but who’s telling the truth? And who wants her dead? Is Guy part of the solution? Or part of the problem? To discover the facts, she’ll have to untangle a web of deceit, lies, and secrets, dating back over thirty years.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Captured Lies. I'm thrilled that you loved it.

    ReplyDelete