Sunday, 13 July 2014

Weeping Angels by Cristy Rey

Weeping AngelsWeeping Angels by Cristy Rey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have just finished reading this awesome story.

I just had to email the author to let her know just how much I enjoyed this book. I help out on a lot of blog tours as I love helping authors to advertise their books, and my little bit might just help, who knows, but I try :) so often get books offered for reading and reviewing but I select mostly not to read as I have a pretty hefty pile. I am so glad I offered to read this and review it. I am a bit fussy yes in what I accept to read and I am so glad that I saw this one.

I have 270 books this year so far and this one made 271. I can honestly say this one will stick with me.

We have Frankie. She is a musician. She's has an older sister, and another sister. One of the sisters has a dependency on alcohol and drugs. She sees this destroying her sister and four years ago choose to turn her back on her, only now, four years later, she gets a call from her older sister to say that the sister has now died from an OD. As much as she tries to make it feel and sound like she dealt with it four years ago you see and feel through the pages Frankie's hurt, emotions and yes.....her guilt.

When they were young they had a friend, his name was Topher [who now wants to be known as Chris] but to Frankie, he will always be Topher.

They come face to face at a funeral, the funeral of Frankie's sister and Topher's friend, excpet Topher has been in the war and he had a terrible thing happen which affects his memory among other things.

This is a story of grief, regrets, emotions, blame, guilt, and equal to that, do they both deserve to heal? Can they heal?

It was beautifully written, it flowed so right, from one section to the other.

It was told from Topher's POV and then Frankie's, I don't usually like books like that which give sections of POV'S it normally annoys me as it seems repitative and a waste of time, but Cristy Rey had it perfectly balanced.

I loved it, and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.


Four years ago, Frankie Rios walked away from her best friend and big sister, Iris. To Frankie, Iris died the day that she last rejected Frankie’s attempts at getting Iris alcohol and drug treatment. Rather than accept grief for her beloved sister’s loss, Frankie turned to her music. A renowned cellist, Frankie has managed to ignore the pain and suffering of losing the person she loved most in this world. With Iris out of her mind and out of her life, Frankie was able to move on…or so she thought. Until Iris really died.

Topher went to war in 2001 only to return two years later damaged and broken. Unable to reconcile the war vet with the boy he used to be,Topher gave up on life. When Iris Rios, his long-lost childhood best friend, dies from liver failure at thirty-two years-old, Topher is forced to confront his past. He must decide whether he deserves to heal. He must decide whether he will take that first step and then take another until he can recover what he lost: himself

Weeping Angels is a story of grief carried and grief ignored. It’s about learning to love and moving on. Mourning someone once is hard enough, but mourning someone twice is unimaginably harder








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment