Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington

The Life You LeftThe Life You Left by Carmel Harrington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel deflated now! No, not because I didn't enjoy it, because I DID enjoy it and its left me wondering what to read next that can match this!

Her husband leaving for work that morning, just like any other day, she home with the children. Except it wasn't , her husband left her an email saying that he needed space and he wouldn't be home, imagine that!
She has to struggle now, as he ripped most all the money out of the account so she is not only struggling with money, she's struggling with life. However, we see her excel in her Motherhood, great Mother.

Edward returns in her life. Who in the heck is Edward?
Well, wouldn't you like a guardian angel, someone to help you through life? I know I would. We hear Edward helping and guiding her. Except, no one else can see Edward, and not only that, it seems she has a sixth sense. She can 'see' things sometimes before they happen. She can use this ability to help protect others.

We see her blossom, we see her gain confidence and we see the inner self of her.

This story was beautifully told.

I'm going to be hanging on this authors books in the future.

I have to thank HarperCollins UK, HarperImpulse for allowing me to read and review this book.

Sarah, I’m not coming home tonight.
If you love me, you will give me the space I need…
Tell the children I love them.
Paul

It started out like any other day for Sarah Lawler; getting the kids ready for school, making the pack lunches and juggling baby Ella’s feeds.

There was no way of knowing that her husband, Paul, would leave for work that morning and simply not come home.

Now the questions are piling up quicker than the unpaid bills and, unable to answer her children’s questions about where their Daddy is, Sarah is getting desperate.

But it turns out she isn’t quite as alone as she thought she was. When her beloved childhood friend, Edward, comes back into her life, Sarah thinks she’s finally been thrown a life line.

There’s just one problem with Edward: no one else can see him.

Edward is an angel. And he has a message for Sarah that will change her life and the lives of others forever. For it is only in the most difficult of times that Sarah can discover how strong
she truly is.

Set in a small coastal village on the beautiful Irish coast, The Life You Left is a story of redemption and the strength of love






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment