Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Quarter Past Two On A Wednesday Afternoon by Linda Newbery [coming soon]

Quarter Past Two On A Wednesday AfternoonQuarter Past Two On A Wednesday Afternoon by Linda Newbery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It was a Wednesday afternoon, time was quarter past two in the afternoon, and Rose goes missing. The last time Anna was with Rose was in the garden. Rose was relaxing on the garden lounger while Anna pops to the shops.

And so the story unfolds.

We have time zones in this book, chapters of them going back over events that we aren't privy to unless we go back a few years at a time. Then we jump forward to the present again. Its not at all confusing as its like someone sat by you telling you the story.

Its a family drama, its full of lies, deceit, hidden secrets that unfold as you read.

I certainly wasn't expecting that revelation at the end! No way would I have guessed the conclusion.

This book was cleverly plotted, holding my interest throughout. I took my Kindle out with me so that if I had a chance to read a bit more I could. Its that kind of book you don't want to leave, you want to stay with it until the end.

I can't give more, as I would be giving spoilers, but this certainly is a well written book.

Linda Newbery is a new author to me. I think I've found yet another author that I love with her style, her fair and how she knits a book together.

I would like to thank Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley for allowing me to read and review this book and give my thoughts on it.


It was the day when everything stopped, and something started that was quite different, that couldn't be controlled or shaped or ended. 





At quarter past two on a Wednesday afternoon, Anna leaves her big sister, Rose, dozing on a sun lounger in the garden and goes out to the shops. She never sees her again.





Twenty years later, and the tragedy of Rose's mysterious disappearance still haunts her family. Unsure what to do with her life, Anna feels she will never escape from the shadow cast by her beautiful, charismatic older sibling. Convinced that Rose is alive, Anna begins to search for her lost sister.




 Pre order. 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment