Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 9 June 2014

Runaway by Aubrey Kendall

RunawayRunaway by Aubrey Kendall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an excellent book. I started it yesterday, and when my book buddy Philomena rang me today I was telling her how I stayed up to beyond 3am reading this, saying to myself, "just one more chapter" which turned into several. Having had to go out today, I was able to finish reading this later tonight.

I don't want to give too much away, but this is a young girl whose Mother was abused who took her onw life, now the Father beats her up instead! She's used like some unpaid help and skivvy. Even the other kids at college look down on her.

One day, after an another horrific beating she decided to runaway.

The running away is none too easy though and she was brought back by the Police, but she did escape again but wiser in what and how to do it.

She makes a reliable source who helps her, he is always there lurking at the end of the telephone if she ever needs him and boy, are there several times when he has to rescue her.

The young children and what they were enticed into was heart rending, this is a story where the author Aubrey Kendall writes with such expertise. I was so routing for this girl for everything to be alright.

Really was a good read, and the author did it brilliantly
I was given a copy of this book by Mark My Words Book Publicity Via Net galley.

At seventeen years old, Courtney Apuzzo is fed up. With a dead mom and an alcoholic father that beats her every chance he gets, Courtney decides that enough is enough. Packing up only what she needs, Courtney leaves home without telling a soul and heads off to find her new life.

Life on her own is not exactly as she thought it would be. With nowhere to stay, Courtney finds herself sleeping on an old stoop in an abandoned apartment alleyway. A chance meeting with a new group of friends seems like a great beginning to her second chance at a real life. But everything is not as it seems.

Tricked into a life she never wanted and fears, Courtney needs to run away, again. She needs to find a way out of this new and dangerous life. With the help from a man she barely knows, will Courtney find her way out? Or will she find herself on the run from a dangerous past, and a hopeless future? Faced with a choice that will change her life forever.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment