Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Now You See Me: How I Forgave the Unforgivable by Kathy Sanders

Now You See Me: How I Forgave the UnforgivableNow You See Me: How I Forgave the Unforgivable by Kathy Sanders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

RELEASED 26TH JUNE

What a very inspirational journey I have just been on with Kathy Sanders.

The terrible tragedy that occurred taking so many innocent lives beggars belief, and reading this account of this Grandmother I am in awe. Not everyone can act the same way, this is what makes us so very different. I would wish I could act like this and work through my grief, questions etc the way I have just read, but I fear that I could not.

I understand her turning to God and asking WHY? and wondering if there really was a source, a being out there to allow such a thing to happen. Her hurt was too deep.

I read the reviews of this book from her immediate family and they seem remarkable people.

Its tearful yes, its upsetting, too true, but its also hopeful.

Thank you to FaithWords / Center Street for allowing me to read and review this publication.


On April 19, 1995, Kathy Sanders' life was changed forever when a bomb exploded and destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City, killing her two grandsons Chase and Colton. 

For months, Kathy struggled with coping and wondered if the God she'd worshipped all her life even existed. After battling bitterness and contemplating suicide, she turned to the Lord and asked what He'd have her do. The answer was clear: Forgive your enemies. 

Thus Kathy forged a friendship with Terry Nichols, one of the men convicted in the bombing, via phone conversations, letters, and even face-to-face meetings. 

She also began searching for answers about what happened that fateful day in April and found opportunities to cultivate relationships with Nichols' children, mother, sister, wife, and ex-wife in separate turns. She demonstrated the same type of warmth to family members of Timothy McVeigh, the second man convicted of orchestrating the bombing. Her courageous efforts of extending compassion and grace gave her peace and removed the bitterness from her life.

With photos, interviews, and actual letters exchanged between Kathy and Terry Nichols, NOW YOU SEE ME tells the story of one woman who walked the road less traveled and forgave the unforgivable

LINKS WILL BE MADE LIVE WHEN BOOK IS RELEASED 








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment