Sunday, 8 June 2014

Little 'Ol Me by Lauren Mooney

Little 'Ol Me (Laurel Forte Series)Little 'Ol Me by Lauren Mooney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a unique read for me. I've not come across a book so well written, so different, that I loved it but questioned it. Its one of those books like a film, you sit and watch it, you wonder why, but you carry on watching it until the end and you are left with your draw dropping thinking "What?"

It opens in chaos, where I am wondering what I am reading, [in a nice way] then I get it, she's out with her dog. Then through all the trauma she gets struck by lightening, not just once, but many times which has now left her disorientated to say the least.

Now we cut to the chase where she's been treated and found out she's pregnant.

I couldn't put the book down. I couldn't put it down for all the wrong reasons LOL This really shouldn't have worked! but it flipping did! LOL I now am wondering what is going to happen in book 2.

I know this review doesn't make an awful lot of sense, but I just don't know how to explain this book, I loved it, didn't, but had to carry on. ??? Yeah confusing. Read it, as its one of those books you love, like or don't.

Thank you to the author for allowing me to read and review your work. My opinion is purely mine.




After being struck by lightning, Laurel Forte, finds out she is pregnant. Throughout the pregnancy and delivery, an array of events occur, quickly changing Laurel's perspective on life. 
After her shotgun marriage and divorce, she begins dating Bryan Cease. Bryan and Laurel had what seemed to be a perfect relationship... 
Until Bryan became famous. He and his crew from 'Dumbass' performed dare-devilish stunts and stupid human tricks. When Laurel ended the relationship with Bryan, they decided to humiliate and harass her on national television, radio and the internet. 
Because of the crew's intentional malice, Laurel lived in fear for herself and her son. She was stalked, harassed and bullied by not only the celebrities from 'Dumbass' but their fans as well. 
This novel not only tells the story of 'the other side of fame' but the commitment, dedication and love of a mother






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment