Friday, 6 June 2014

Jellybird by Lezanne Clannachan

JellybirdJellybird by Lezanne Clannachan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love a good psychological thriller, I also love one that is gripping, fast paced and a page turner.

This was a quick read for me as I just couldn't leave the book alone, even when I went out yesterday my Kindle friend came with me and out it came at every chance I got. Yes it was that good a book for me.

Now here's a woman who appears to have everything, business, husband, comfortable lifestyle. Who would ask for more? She would, a best friend to chat with, confide in and do things with.

She has troubles from the past where her first love Thomas, the last time she saw him he was cut and bleeding. That has haunted her. Thomas was also her best friend in her teenage years, so now, its left her scarred and she has made her husband the centre of her being. No room for anyone else. Shutting anyone out, but then comes Libby. She was a customer of hers who was chatty, fun and evoked something in her to allow their friendship to grown, except, one day she saw her husband and her best friend with their heads together having a laugh. She reads more into this, so one day decided to take off and go back to her past, investigate where Thomas was and what happened to him.

There is so much surrounding this story I don't want to give it away, what develope's from there and how the past unfolds with her actions and emotions of the present is brilliantly portrayed.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would highly recommend it.

I was happily granted permission to read this complimentary copy from Orion Publishing Group
Orion Via Net Galley.


A chilling novel of childhood secrets, first love - and a brutal murder.

Perfect for the BROADCHURCH audience.


'I'm good at secrets,' Libby says. Yes, thinks Jessica, I bet you are... 


Jessica should have everything to make her happy: a loving husband, a growing reputation as a jewellery designer, hope for a family of her own in the future. Then she meets Libby - flattering, attentive - and believes she has found the friendship she missed out on as a child. Until Jessica catches her husband and Libby alone, heads together in whispered collusion.


With her life unravelling, Jessica flees home to the seaside town where she grew up. The discovery of an old postcard among her childhood belongings sends Jessica in search of her first love, Thomas, 'the ghost boy' who disappeared one night 17 years ago. The last time Jessica saw Thomas he was covered in blood and begging her to hide him. Now to find him, Jessica must confront the secrets that link her to Libby, the missing boy and a brutal murder






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment