Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 20 June 2014

Back to December by Heather McCoubrey

Back to DecemberBack to December by Heather McCoubrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so happy to receive this book as a complimentary from Heather McCoubrey. I love her writing, and this books blurb had me wanting to read more.

We learn how Anna has problems from her past, her Parents were not the typical Mom and Dad.

One excerpt of the book brought this home to me when Heather McCoubrey expertly had written of a terrible conversation/argument that took place whilst Anna at a young age was hidden on the stairs listening, discovering that her Mother didn't want her, she wish she never had her. Her Father saying that she can't go to a boarding school full time yet as she's too young. There were other things in that conversation/argument that really does enlighten you to the beginnings of what Anna had to endure, but I am stopping there as I don't want to give away any more spoilers.

Her Gram [who runs the money side of her parents very existence] is the only highlight of sincere love in Anna's eyes, actually, in her LIFE. And her best buddy Nikki.

Anna meets a smashing lad, Cooper. She doesn't want to give her heart to him, she may be get hurt. But you can't control your heart can you, and she ends up falling smack bang whallop in love with him.

Then her Mother has a terrible accident and life changes.

I have to say I adored this book. I stayed up late to finish it.

Once again, my thanks go to the author for allowing me to read it, she knew how badly I needed this book!!!

Thanks to an abusive mother and an absent father, Anna Blackhurst has only known the love of two people: her Gram and her best friend, Niki. 

When Anna meets Cooper Reed in a smoky club, she's immediately drawn to his good looks but isn't prepared to open herself up to a relationship. As time passes, Anna finds herself falling in love with Cooper and she begins to rethink her future. Maybe, despite her childhood, she can have a happy-ever-after. 

But when her mother is in a terrible accident, she again sinks her claws into Anna and Anna's world is thrown upside down. Despite Cooper's unwavering support, Anna walks away only to regret it immediately. In order to heal, not only herself - but also her broken relationship, Anna must stand up for herself and accept that the only way she's going to be happy is if she grabs hold of it herself






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment