Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Almost Mine by Lea Darragh

Almost MineAlmost Mine by Lea Darragh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was given this as a complimentary read from Harlequin Enterprises Australia via Net Galley.

I really loved the sound of this book. I still did like it, but it seemed like a book back to front.

The opening chapters were about her trying to get 'him back' but it went from past to present and more past, then more present which was very confusing. I wanted a nice flowing easy read, which I thought this one was, not too much head work. I didn't find this to be the case, it was a rather 'concentrate and keep up' factor. I couldn't allow anyone to interupt me or I'd loose whether I was in the past or the present!

On the whole, it was a lovely cheesy romance which lets take it, everyone loves now and again, and this one is no exception.

On the whole it was a likeable read, just not an easy one.

Cate has always taken Nick for granted. Through a wild youth of mistakes, bad choices, and self-destructive behaviour, Nick has been the one thing that Cate could count on. She knows he loves her, but she can't love him back. He's too perfect, too strong, too caring. She has darkness in her that can't handle that much light. 

When an unexpected pregnancy forces them into a marriage of convenience, Cate hopes that Nick can love her enough for the both of them. But as time passes, Nick grows frustrated and finally decides to cut himself loose. Will his absence prove to Cate just how much she needs him?






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment