Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Where We Left Off by J. Alex Blane

Where We Left OffWhere We Left Off by J. Alex Blane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I note some reviewers saying about certain topics that they didn't agree with, well, the character in the book was a bit of a player to my mind, he didn't want to get 'involved' if he did that, it lead to all kinds of things he didn't want to open in his life.......Until......he met Sydney.

Mason [the main character] he was used to getting what he wanted from women. I'm not saying he was an altogether nice bloke either....
Then....
we get glimpses of his past which all tie in together.

There is a LOT in this story, a lot.

Someone mentioned Child abuse and how could a Mother 'allow' that to go on. I did find this hard to deal with, there is NEVER any witnesses to child abuse! This in the story was horrific.

Some of the topics are horrific, but there is something in this read that sticks in your gut, in a good way; some in a bad way.

I can only say that the book was good, interesting, kept my attention. Something for me to think about, so on that merit I give it 3. There is a need for some editing though. The book is too tightly packed.

Not sure if I would term it a romance though. It is between the guy and the woman, but there are so many issues I struggled with, the abuse not being taken seriously, other things too, like surviving, does that mean trying to commit suicide?

I'd say, read this book for yourself and judge it.




View all my reviews


The story in itself was a welcoming one, had a lot to it! I not some reviewers saying about certain topics that they didn't agree with, well, the character in the book was a bit of a player to my mind, he didn't want to get 'involved' if he did that, it lead to all kinds of things he didn't want to open in his life.......Until......he met Sydney.

Mason [the main character] he was used to getting what he wanted from women. I'm not saying he was an altogether nice bloke either....
Then....
we get glimpses of his past which all tie in together.

There is a LOT in this story, a lot.

Someone mentioned Child abuse and how could a Mother 'allow' that to go on. If you read the context of the story with that, you can see it was not by choice.

Some of the topics are horrific, but there is something in this read that sticks in your gut, in a good way.

I can only say that the book was good, interesting, kept my attention. Something for me to think about, so on that merit I give it 4. There is a need for some editing though. The book is too tightly packed.

This is a romance, but it has so many levels to it, its align to family too.

Would I recommend this book? Yes.



Some memories you do your best to forget. Others you wish you simply had the opportunity to remember. Mason Everett found himself in the center of both, as he felt the warmth of an autumn sun graze his face through the tinted windows.

A successful Real-estate developer, Mason had his picture perfect life. He was young, handsome, wealthy and single. No stranger to frequent hook ups at the local night clubs he avoided relationships at all costs living tirelessly by one rule:

“Never let anyone close enough again to hurt you”

Until he found himself falling for Sydney McCail, a young woman he met at his brother’s wedding. In the midst of a developing relationship Mason’s past begins to surface causing him to push Sydney away in fear of her finding out a secret he’d kept hidden for most of his adult life. In the wake of a tragic accident she finds that what she thought she knew was only the beginning, and what happens from there leaves them both searching for answers to a single question in what turns out to be a startling outcome, Where We Left Off





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment