Tuesday, 27 May 2014

The Telling Error by Sophie Hannah

The Telling ErrorThe Telling Error by Sophie Hannah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again Sophie Hannah has woven a tale that has kept me on the edge of my seat and unable to move until I finished this read. I had to get up in between to feed the family but couldn't wait to get back to reading it.

The beginning of the book is so entrancing to me, as she is returning to the school to take her son's forgotten gym kit she is stuck in traffic, then seeing a Police Officer that somehow figures into this equation [of what, I had not idea yet] but she had to avoid him at all costs. The tension surrounding just that little bit was tummy rolling.

As I got deeper into this story, I was engrossed.

Superb thriller at its best, as only Sophie Hannah can relate.

I was lucky to receive a complimentary copy from Hodder & Stoughton via Net Galley.



Queen of psychological crime Sophie Hannah returns with a new literary mystery and a puzzle that's impossible to solve...

Stuck in a traffic jam, Nicki Clements sees a face she hoped never to see again. It's definitely him, the same police officer, stopping each car on Elmhirst Road. Keen to avoid him, Nicki does a U-turn and makes a panicky escape.

Or so she thinks. The next day, Nicki is pulled in for questioning in connection with the murder of Damon Blundy, controversial newspaper columnist and resident of Elmhirst Road.

Nicki can't answer any of the questions detectives fire at her. She has no idea why the killer used a knife in a way that involved no spilling of blood, or why 'HE IS NO LESS DEAD' was painted across Blundy's study. And she can't explain why she avoided Elmhirst Road that day without revealing the secret that could ruin her life.

Because although Nicki is not guilty of murder, she is far from innocent . 







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment